chapter 13: are you kidding me

Start from the beginning

"Hey, it was only like thirty minutes."

"Yes, but now Fifth Harmony's crew probably took all of the good spots on the bus." Thomas added. I rolled my eyes at the two and grabbed my backpack and suitcase that rested alone.

"It's not a big deal, stop whining." I scolded, slinging my arms through the straps and holding the suitcase handle as we walked towards the exit.

"You get to ride with only the girls so you don't understand." Thomas said, following behind me as some guy opened the large garage door of the pavilion, revealing the crowded streets of the stadium, with fans driving away. Two golf carts waited for us.

Security guards filed out with us as Thomas opened the door and Nev stood to my side, ushering me. The sun was setting and I could hear fans screaming my name as they left. I waved to those I saw and laughed to myself.

"Hell yes, I'm driving bitches." I said, throwing my suitcase on the back of a golf cart and hopping in the driver's seat. Nev groaned and sat in the passenger's seat while Jennifer and Thomas got in behind us and the rest of the crew and security guards got in the other cart.

"Shut up, Nev. Do you even know how to drive?" I asked him, punching his rock-solid bicep.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said back as I grabbed the keys from the sun flap and turned on the cart.

"Y/N, don't go crazy, I'd like to be alive to experience my own wedding." Thomas said, tapping me on the shoulder. I smirked to myself.

"You're future wife is waiting for you right now? You don't want me to get you to her as fast as I can?" I teased, pressing down on the gas so the engine roared while it was still parked.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, causing me to let out a hearty laugh and ignore him. Ally was what i was talking about.

I waited for an opening in the traffic line before putting the stick in gear and pressing down on the gas so we lurched forward.

"Y/N! SLOW DOWN!" Jennifer yelled, covering her eyes as we flew down the restricted street towards our car. This just fueled me on, I pushed on the gas even more so it was touching the floor.

The speedometer read 40, which was crazy fast for a golf cart and I was loving it. The wind whipped through my hair, my cheeks widening. It felt so good to be in open air, the warm breeze making my t-shirt flap against my skin.

I could see Jennifer's terrified look in the rearview mirror and Thomas' smile. The pavilion was mostly in the middle of no where so around me was just open field, the setting sun was the only thing for miles except for the private parking lot that had various tour buses and our shuttle that was unfortunately ending my little escapade.

When I finally slowed down, nearing the shuttle, I noticed Nev's closed eyes as he held onto the roof of the cart. I laughed at him and shook my head.

"What a bunch of pussies." I said, coming to a stop in front of the car and putting the cart in park.

"Hey, I was having fun." Thomas said, jumping out and grabbing a few bags from the back.

"Can't say the same for blondie." I said, pointing at Jennifer who's hair covered her face in a mess. Thank god I pulled my own back in a ponytail before I drove.

She rolled her eyes and staggered out. "Most people don't drive like psychos Y/N. Do you really not hold much value to your life?" She asked, fixing her hair up. I shrugged at her and slid my sunglasses from my nose to my head.

"Did we die though?" I asked, hopping out and grabbing my backpack and suitcase.

"We were close enough." Nev huffed.