chapter 7: unforgettable

what up, it's ya boy. uhhhh skinny penis
i think i'm going to do summaries at the end of each chapter so you can just read what happened without having to go over the whole chapter when I update
enjoy
————————————————

"Um, uh-" She stuttered. She met my gaze and shifted uncomfortably. "Why doesn't she tell you?" She smiled. I mentally cursed her.

I was conflicted. Should I tell everyone what happened? Should I tell everyone what went down between us and what we were to each other? What should I say? I didn't want to lie, but I just couldn't get myself to tell the full truth.

"We were together, uh, a few years back." I simply said, looking down at my food so I wouldn't have to meet everyone's gazes. Camila's hand went to my knee.

"Oh, that's awesome! What happened?" Dinah asked, a bit insensitively. I wasn't offended, she must not have been good at reading an atmosphere but I looked at her, catching Normani kick her under the table.

I bit my lip as I made eye contact with every single person at the table. I was in the spotlight now and no matter how much I loved the stage, this was not fun.

Itsy looked uncomfortable, wondering what I was going to say.

"It ended mutually, on good terms." I lied, straight through my teeth. "She's a year older and she got a scholarship to a school out here in New York and we decided to just be... friends." I finished, slowly. Camila must've sensed my lie because she sent me a sympathetic smile. She kissed my cheek and everyone nodded around us.

Itzel let out a sigh, a sad glint in her eye.
"Well, it's good you guys are friends." Ty tried to be nice but I sent him a glare which shut him up.

Funny, the dude was much bigger and taller then me but I could intimidate the shit out of him.

I clenched my jaw and looked down, the table seemed to forget about it easily. Thomas was in a surprisingly meaningful conversation with Ally. They had gotten pretty close this week, being as Ally always sat in the front of the car. They clicked. I could see them being good friends in the future.

Dinah and Normani were back to their evil and mischievous conversations, making fun of others in the restaurant and planning dumb pranks.

Lauren and Itsy had continued their conversation, but it seemed every other second Itsy had her eyes on me now. She wasn't the only one though.

Camila had been watching me for a while now. I didn't want to look at her, because that would mean I would have to explain and I didn't want to explain anything.

She rested her chin on my shoulder and rubbed my knee. I could see Itsy's watchful eyes turn to glares as Camila got closer to me. How fucked this situation was.

"Hey, you okay?" Camila finally asked, quiet enough so only I could hear. I sighed and looked at her. Her brown eyes stared into mine, concerned.

I forced a smile and nodded, cupping her cheek with my hand.

"Always." She nodded and returned the smile. I didn't think she believed me but she didn't push for answers. She pressed her lips to my cheek, softly, lingering for a few seconds before pulling back. I couldn't help my smile from growing.

The table shifted, followed by a huff. I saw Itsy standing up, a hurt look on her face. Everyone turned to her, curious to the outburst.

"I have to go to the bathroom." She mumbled before walking off. I sighed and shook my head. I felt bad, but it was her fault we weren't together anymore.