Yoongi ♡ Baby's Breath | Run BTS AU

Published: October 7, 2018
Rewritten: November 8, 2023

Word count: 1,543

Series based on Run BTS episodes 47-48

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The clouds were puffy and floating languidly in the sky like oversized cotton balls, the atmosphere sporting a light shade of cerulean, making for a beautiful backdrop for the city as you walked through it

What brought you outdoors that day was the need for something fresh. Your house had been looking a bit bland and you needed something to help liven up the place, maybe add some color. So, you set off to the local flower shop to purchase an arrangement of blooms for your home.
There was a skip in your step as you proceeded down the sidewalk. Buying flowers was something you enjoyed doing on occasion. It was always nice to treat yourself and have something fresh and floral sitting around to admire. The only thing better than that, however, was the florist that worked at the shop. Yoongi was his name.
He had the most beautiful mane of dark hair and eyes that were equally as dark. His button nose had a rounded end and his lips were the prettiest shade of pink you had ever seen. He was always polite and moved with no urgency whatsoever. You had watched him put together bouquets before and he was so deliberate with the arrangements he created, choosing every flower with the utmost care and attention as if he were making an art piece.

The small bell sitting above the front entrance rang as you pushed the glass door open, announcing your arrival. The delicate yet fragrant scent of fresh blossoms filled your nose as soon as you took your first step inside the quaint establishment.
Sitting at a work table behind the counter was the florist that had been occupying your mind. There were small tufts of baby's breath and discarded leaves and stems scattered along the tabletop he currently had his head laid on. His eyes were closed and judging by the way his back was steadily moving up and down, he was sound asleep.
Unsure of what to do, you approached the counter and cleared your throat in hopes that it would maybe wake up the sleeping florist.
It didn't.
That's when you noticed a silver bell sitting by the register with a handwritten note that said: ring for service.
Your hand hovered hesitantly over the bell, sparing the sleeping man one fleeting glance before ringing it.

He was quick to lift his head up off the table, looking around with squinted eyes and a drowsy pout. When he spotted you, he scrambled up from the table, smoothing out the black apron he wore as he approached the front counter.
"Sorry about that." He huffed out.
You held back a smile, taking notice of the small white tufts of baby's breath stuck in his inky hair.
"You have..." You trailed off, gesturing to his hair.
"What?" He reached up to feel around his long locks for whatever grabbed your attention.
"You've got some baby's breath in your hair."
Just after you uttered the sentence, he located one of the miniature blooms, quickly pulling it out.
"Ah." He sighed. "I'm a mess."
"It's fine." You told him. "Florists are bound to get flowers in their hair."
"I was working on a last minute anniversary flower arrangement. I didn't exactly mean to fall asleep."
"No, no." You shook your head. "Don't worry about it."
He was probably exhausted trying to put together an arrangement on such short notice.