Taehyung ♡ Fallen | Guardian Angel AU

Published: September 23, 2018
Rewritten: October 18, 2023

Word count: 4,500

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Angels are divine and ethereal beings that roam the heavens and the earth, usually unseen by the human eye; attendant spirits that are sometimes believed to watch over those on earth

Were you one of the many people that believed in them? Yes.

When you were just a child you could have sworn you saw a winged man sitting in the trees watching you from above. The memory was recalled so clearly it might as well have happened yesterday. The man was dressed in traditional Korean clothing, the dark fabric printed with thin stripes. He had silvery blonde hair and tanned skin—and his wings, they were something you'd never forget. They were stunning and the color of fresh snow, each feather pristinely pure. The only thing you couldn't seem to remember was his face. Any time you tried to recall the man you saw, his facial features were always a blur.
You only saw him once, but you always felt like there was someone watching over you after that first encounter. His presence was felt wherever you went.

Presently, you were on your way home after going out to eat with a couple friends you hadn't seen in years. The three of you spent well over two hours at the restaurant, busy catching up with one another and getting lost in conversations of your current lives and reminiscing on nostalgic memories.
It was nighttime and the lights on the buildings were shining brightly, bringing a cozy glow to the city streets as you drove home.
You reached over to turn the volume up on the radio to where the music was playing softly through the speakers, your finger tapping along with the rhythm.
Dinner was wonderful and seeing your friends after so many years was nice, but your social battery was running low and all you wanted to do was curl up in bed and put on a movie.

You were almost home when you noticed a car in the other lane was swerving into yours. Being a vigilant individual and relatively safe driver, you decreased your speed and prepared to pull off on the side of the road in hopes that the unpredictable vehicle would pass by. However, the car got back in its lane so you continued driving, assuming that the driver realized they were veering into your lane and corrected themselves.
At the last moment, the car unexpectedly swerved over the yellow lines and into your lane heading straight towards you. With no time to pull off the road, you slammed on the brakes and braced for impact with eyes shut tightly. An unpleasant crashing sound reached your ears but you didn't feel anything, only the sensation of being lifted in the air.

Peeling your eyes open, you caught a glimpse of the man that held you in his arms. His ashy blonde hair fluttered in the breeze that blew by, small and errant wisps of silvery hair disturbed by the gentle wind. He donned a black suit jacket that was hanging off his shoulders showing his delicate collarbones. His ethereal appearance, while entrancing, wasn't the thing that caught your attention, no, it was the set of massive, white wings flapping powerfully behind his back.