Chapter 11- Healing

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't stay in there anymore. I smell bacon and coffee, there was no keeping me away!"

I threw my head back and laughed.

"Okay then, have a seat breakfast is nearly ready. I also made pancakes."

"Eli, I can't eat..."

"They're egg-free."

Her eyes went wide and she jumped up and down. She was so excited, it made me feel proud that I did that.

"Oh my gosh! I've never had them and always wanted to try! Thank you!"

Everything was done and I set it on the table. She took two pancakes and probably five slices of bacon. I couldn't help but shake my head and stifle a laugh. She poured a ton of syrup on them, I guess not being able to eat something your whole life would make it hard to know proportions. She took a bite and moaned. Oh shit, I'm gonna need another shower!

"These are crazy good! I'm gonna need the recipe, I want these every day!"

"I can do that."

I'm sure she thought I meant that I would give her the recipe, but I was really saying that I could make them for her everyday.

"I'm gonna need to hurry up though. I have a class in less than an hour."

"No you don't. Megan is covering your classes today and tomorrow. She insisted, so I wasn't going to fight her."

"Wow, okay...... So, what are we going to do? I can't leave the camp."

She looked so conflicted. I knew she felt a responsibility to her guests, but she deserved a few days off to relax.

"We're going to hang out, go hiking, swim, anything you want, really."

"That sounds fantastic! Right now, I really just want to relax. Yesterday was so crazy, my feet still hurt."

I reached down and pulled her legs onto my lap, then started rubbing her feet. She let out another moan.

"I'm happy to help with your feet, but if you keep making those noises, I'm really not sure what's going to happen."

Her stunned silence and wide eyes spoke volumes. She wasn't ready to be physical. I had hoped that giving her last night would make her trust me enough to at the very least fool around, but I couldn't push her.

Slowly I set her feet down and stood up. I reached down and picked her up, her arms wrapped around my neck. I carried her to the living room and kept her on my lap. She watched me the whole time, those big beautiful eyes stared back into mine.

"What do you want to watch?"

"What?"

"I have Netflix, Hulu, and local channels. We could watch a movie, or binge a show. Whatever you want."

She smiled wide and hugged me tight.

"I haven't been able to watch my show in so long! That would be amazing!"

"What show? It's not girly is it?"

I hadn't even thought about that, what if it's some sappy shit. Ugh, I should have thought this through better.

"You have to promise not to make fun of me! It's..... Doctor Who"

"Seriously?! I love Doctor Who!"

She screeched and started bouncing on my lap. Fuck! I held her tight and gave her a look begging her to stop. She pretty quickly got the idea and started scooting off my lap.