Preparing for War

Authors Note

In the Last Chapter I made the mistake of saying Sebastian declared war I meant Maureen. Keep Calm and Read on.

"I am fighting Jace."

"No your not its to dangerous I will train you but I am not allowing you to go on the battlefield."

"Why?"

"Because Maureen wants you dead. She won't stop unless your blood spilled across the battlefield. I don't know what I would do if that happened to you Clary." Jace stepped towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Please I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Fine I will stay." Jace smiled and led Clary to the training room.

"Lets figure out a weapon you can specialize in. How about daggers?"

"okay"

Jace gave Clary a dagger belt for her waist plus an arm band that held 4 daggers. Clary tied her hair in a tight pony tail. "Lets start with easy dueling."

Clary drew out two daggers as Jace attacked her. They fought until Jace pinned Clary.

"Very nice job Clary your getting better ."

Jace jumped off and pushed Clary behind him. Clary glared at Maureen.

"Give her me to me Jace. That way there will be no war only ones person's blood will spill."

"Tempting but no. She stays with me"

Jace raised the sword higher as Clary soared a dagger towards Maureen's heart. Before it came close to her chest Maureen grabbed the blade. Laughing advancing on Clary, while playing with the blade in her hand. Before Jace could save her he was thrown across the room. Maureen and Clary fought hand to hand. Maureen sent a dagger through Clary's arm. Maureen smiled and twisted the blade until the handle fell off. Clary pulled a dagger out and shoved it into Maureen's heart while Jace got a stake. He pulled out the dagger and replaced it with the stake. Maureen cried out and fell to the ground. Jace then took out a lighter light it and threw it on her letting the fire burn out.

By the time Jace was able to get a stele Clary was panting and holding her arm. The wound began to change a weird color indicating premature infection. "Hold still Love." Clary nodded and held onto her leg and let out a whimper as Jace pulled out the broken dagger and putting a quick iratze on it.

Clary then crawled into Jace's arms as Alec burst into the training room. "Um 2 things. First things first Mayrse called a meeting in the library and second why is there a broken bloody dagger on the ground?"

"Okay we will be right there. I will tell you about it later." Alec nodded at that and turned on his heel sharply walking out of the room. There Jace helped Clary up and they walked hand in hand to the library.