Drake Black - Twentyh Nine

Karla stared at Drake, her heart thundering so loudly she could barely hear herself thinking

Karla stared at Drake, her heart thundering so loudly she could barely hear herself thinking. "I want someone I can depend on, lean on when I need to, trust without fear." She watched the hope in his eyes brighten and smiled, "I want to explore what we have between us."

As soon as the words were out of her mouth she found herself surrounded by steel arms, his nose filled with the scent of Drake and her mouth watered. "Thank you," his whispered against her neck, "thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself worthy."

Karla shook her head, her arms circling around his shoulders. It felt right and a feeling she had never known filled her, contentment. "No, you don't have to prove yourself to me or to anyone. Without you, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't get to do this..."

When Drake pulled back to look at her in question, she used her arms around his neck to pull his mouth to hers. This kiss wasn't soft, tentative, or hesitant. This kiss was hot, burning her from the inside out. This kiss she let herself go without reserve and was given just as much as she gave.

It was everything she believed and so much more. His hands wandered a bit cautiously and it wasn't enough. She ground and wiggled against him, moaning at the friction their bodies created. His answering groan only excited her more.

"God, Karla! You'll be the death of me, but I'll die a happy man" Drake was going to combust, no other explanation could explain the fire that burned through him. Her wiggling and the sounds she made drove him wild.

He was seconds away from picking her up and spreading her beneath him on the bed when the door burst open. Drake turned, automatically putting Karla behind him when he saw his mother. Her stricken expression made his body stiffen, "what happened?"

*
*
*

Leaving Karla with Audrey and his mother he went to Roan's study, he didn't bother knocking but walked straight in, his eyes meeting his brothers. "Where is he?"

Roan's eyes turned grim, "here."

Back tensing, "here? As in Paris or in France period?"

"He was spotted in Sceaux."

A sense of dread filled Drake, "that's the next town over! Did he find us? How could that be?"

"I don't know for sure if he is here because of us or if its a coincidence, but you know me."

Drake nodded, "don't believe in coincidence." Pondering, he tried to think of what would bring Vale to France. His veins froze with ice, "Tessa... Where exactly in Sceaux was he spotted?"

Roan's face went pale and it answered Drake's question. Panic pulsing through him, Drake slammed out of Roan's office his cell to his ear as he walked toward his car. No answer. Drake slipped into his car, his passenger door opened and he glanced over surprised to see Tate.

Without looking, Tate growled tensely, "drive!"

Not needing an explanation now, Drake did. The ride to his sister's apartment seemed to long when in reality they managed to make it to her place in under fifteen minutes. Drake 0barely had the car stopped when Tate was already booking it up the steps.

What Drake saw when he entered nearly made him collapse. Blood soaked the carpet, a little had splattered on the wall. It was a scene was one he would see in his nightmares. A sharp intake of breath made Drake jerk around.

He wishes he hadn't. The look of pure agony and guilt etched his brothers face, the look reminded Drake of what he saw nearly fifty years ago. After a second, the emotions were gone and there stood the brother Drake had come to know since Lily's death. Cold, emotionless Roan.

Drake turned back, watching as Tate stood stiffly in front of them, "she isn't here. The smell of wolves is all over this place. Vale's as well."

Drake swiped his fingers over the blood then brought his fingers to his nose, his nose flared as he breathed. His stomach plummeted, "its Tessa's."

Tate's eyes turned glacial, "I will find him and I will find Tessa." He left Tessa's apartment without another word or an explanation.

Neither Roan nor Drake had time to ask him questions. Now, the brothers stood, both grim and feeling agonizing guilt. They'd have to tell their mother her only other daughter was in the hands of the man who killed her other daughter.

I meant to have this up a couple hours ago, but bad news tends to be distracting..