Drake Black - Six

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Karla managed to keep from freaking out when she was led into a plain room that reminded her of a police interrogation room. Karla was lowered into a metal chair, then left.

Sluggish as she was, she was happy to keep her seat when the doctor moved around the table. It was then she realized that the doctor held a folder. She watched warily as he sat with confidence and opened the folder. He retrieved a pen from his front coat pocket, clicked it and looked at her.

His glasses reflected her so it was hard to judge exactly how he looked at her, but regardless Karla knew she was in trouble. Angry over the fact that these men kidnapped her, made up stupid stories and could possibly be the reason she couldn't get ahold of Audrey she snapped. "What the hell is going on? Why am I even here? What does Roan have to do with this?"

Karla waited as the silence stretched, sure he wouldn't answer her, when the door suddenly opened from her left making her jump. She could feel the blood drain from her face as she saw the man who had cut her without a second thought walk in to stand beside her.

It was obvious when he smiled at her flinch that he enjoyed scaring her. "Karla Avery."

She tried to keep her expression nuteral, but knew by his instant smirk she hadn't accomplished that.

"I heard your questions and the reason why you're here is because I want information."

The man moved away, taking a place on the other side of the table. Karla watched hin with wide eyes, confused. "Information about what?"

Vale grinned, "information on Roan Black and where he may be hiding."

Karla's eyes widened, "I dont have any information to share." This. This is why she'd been taken? For fuck sake she'd never even met the man. The sudden slam of a fist to the table had her yelping in shock. Looking at where the mans fist hit she swallowed when it was dented.

"Do not lie to me little girl. I can rip you to shreds in a heart beat." Vale growled.

"Where is Audrey?" Karla asked, her voice tremoring slightly as she tried to swallow the fear.

Vale raised his brow, sharing a look with Matthew. "You don't know?" Rather than wait for her to answer, he continued. "This is interesting. What exactly is your connection to the Blacks and to Audrey?"

Karla's lips thinned. How did she answer that? Should she just tell him the truth? She was trapped in a cage with someone they claim to be a vampire, how much worse could it be? Just as she finished the though her head snapped to the side. She closed her eyes as she saw a white, then groaned as she felt the pain. He'd just slapped her! What the fudge?!