April 25 - Last Exam

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The final exam for the construction management class was yesterday morning. It was also the very last exam of the school year for both Blair, Josef, Toby, and I. Right after the exam ended, the four of us hung around the classroom to chat.

"It feels so anti-climatic," Blair said.

"I know, right?" Josef added, "I just wrote what was possibly the last exam in my entire life. I was expecting some confetti or something."

The four of us were sitting on the tables in the big lecture hall facing towards each other. We were all exhausted after staying up late the last night cramming for this exam. I was running on three hours of sleep, with Red Bull in my system which I drank this morning keeping me awake.

"So will you move back home now?" I asked Josef.

"Yep, I haven't found a job here and it's cheaper to live at home." He replied.

"How is your job hunting, anyway?" Blair asked.

"It's alright. I got into the third round of interviews at a construction company but I won't hear back from them until next week."

We then talked about our summer plans. Josef and Blair are both going back home and then to travel for a few weeks. Blair will be making a trip back to town in August, however, to move her things across the country to London, Ontario. It turns out she got accepted into a graduate program there so she will be moving east after all.

Toby, who lives in town, did not share much about his plans. He only wanted to talk about his cat and was looking forward to the night, as the guys were going out again to some bar close to the school.

I told them I'll be spending a month in Montreal. After that, I'll be taking a train east to Halifax to see the Atlantic ocean before taking the train west again to Ottawa, where I'll be spending Canada Day with my friend, Soleil.

And yep, that's the finalized itinerary for my solo trip. All my tickets and hostels have been booked and nothing will likely change. It's going to be a great six weeks spending quality time by myself and being on the road!

"Well. I don't know when I'll see you guys again." Josef said as we all made our way out of the school building.

"I know. It was so great to work with you guys this entire semester!" I said.

"Yeah," Blair added, "If you guys ever end up in Ontario for a job or anything, let me know!"

And so, that was it. Hugs were exchanged and well-wishes were said. Then, everyone went off on their respective ways and on to the next chapter of our lives.