April 19 - Slow Songs

Thursday, April 19, 2018

It's the night before my water resources final exam and I'm still awake. I have to get up in three hours but for some reason, I am not sleepy at all!

I don't know if it's nerves. It's an open-book test so I shouldn't be too worried. But then again, most open book tests are harder than the average closed-book exam.

I spent all of today coped up inside with the books. I wanted to reread the entire 300 pages of notes and also try the practise exams all in one day. At various times during the day I lost focus, so I went on Spotify and listened to some Kpop.

Yep. I was in a Kpop mood today.

I never talked about it much in here, but back when I was a high-school kid - I was a huge fan. I spent many days listening to Shinee, Super Junior, and Big Bang. All of this was before Kpop became more mainstream in America.

Heck. I loved loved LOVED Bigbang. I mean, I still do. But since then, I've grown up and no longer revolve my life around a band.

Imagine my surprise today when I put on the 'Best of 2017' playlist only to hear a song by G-Dragon called 'Untitled, 2014'. I had stopped following the band obsessively for a while now so I didn't know it had came out.

It's just such a beautiful and emotional song that I'm sure my younger self would not have appreciated. I used to love the fast, upbeat, party songs and skipped all the slow ones, finding them boring. But now I'm the complete opposite - party songs get on my nerves most of the time.

I also want to say, leave it to G-Dragon to write another hit. He might not be the best looking out of the group, but his songwriting talent and style has always made him my personal favourite. The entire video is also just so beautiful to look at too. I hope you don't mind me sharing it. But watching it was like seeing an old friend, and it's definitely made my day today.