March 11 - Sunday With Zoe

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Today, I took Zoe to the indoor amusement park at our local mall. We were able to get in and ride all the rides for free because I had free admission passes leftover from the holiday season.

The place was packed which was typical for a Sunday. Zoe and I went on the big swing that takes you high up and around first. It has always been one of my favourites rides of all time - safe enough to ride with a peace of mind, but exciting enough so you are not bored.

Today, I enjoyed the ride all the same. Zoe took the seat behind me and before we knew it, we were flying high up into the air.

After going on the swings, we went into a funhouse full of mirrors and black light. It wasn't very exciting or scary as it was designed for little kids. But the spinning tunnel at the end gave me a headache and I was very glad to finally leave the place.

Next, we went on Zoe's favourite ride - a ride that involves a shooting game, complete with a spinning cart that goes into a dark tunnel full of screaming aliens. Each of the seats had a gun next to it that we can shoot the aliens with and I even won the highest score out of everyone in our cart.

I had to persuade Zoe to go on the next ride, as she had heard it was scary from her friend, H. who had gone on it before. After much persuasion, she finally agreed to go on it. "You can just close your eyes if you are too scared," I told her.

The ride was a 5D movie theatre complete with shooting guns again. This time, there is a 3D movie playing on the screen and we had to shoot at the bad guys coming toward us on the screen. The movie was about some kind of apocalypse with broken cars and bumpy streets all over. I wasn't very good at it as I had no idea who were the bad guys I was supposed to shoot.

After spending another hour in the amusement park, we both decided we had enough of the crowds and the lineups so we left to go into the mall. After two bubble teas and a stroll inside a bookstore later, we ended up at Gap, an old haunt as I used to work here back during my high school days. They were having a 40% off sale and all their winter items were at a reduced price too. I spent a long time going through the sale racks and ended up getting a black cropped sweater, a pale mauve bralette, and a colourful striped sweater for Zoe.

The total came out to be $28, which was a steal considering most Gap sweaters cost at least $60 at regular price! Zoe was in a pretty good mood as we went home too because I had bought her a sweater.

Anyways, I am so glad I got to spend some time with Zoe today, as I don't remember the last time we went somewhere just as the two of us for an extended period of time. I guess that's what sisters are for!