keeva

One

One

I finally knew it was morning when the sunlight glare at my window. 

I got up to say my prayer- which is a habit every time I wake up especially at night when I go to bed.

After saying my appreciation, I look around to see Kela my 14-year-old sister playing Minecraft on my Dad's phone while laying in bed.

I looked at the time and groaned when it read eight-thirty in the morning and realizing my routine is destroyed.

I mentally scolded myself. 

Finishing a novel in the night when you can do it in the morning.

But anyways I got up and started to fix my bed.  If this is how life is treating me, I might as well go with the flow. Tsk. 

"Kela, shouldn't you and Nana go to NSO right now?" I said, folding the blankets and placing the pillows above it.

Kela looked up at me and said, "Yeah, as you can see I already changed."

"Where's Nana?" I said, reaching up to my towel and got fresh new clothes from the cabinet with the undergarments beneath it.

"She's doing the laundry since you were up late." She answered, preoccupied with her game.

"What?!" I ran downstairs to hear the water pouring, and the sound of the washing machine working.

Laundry was a big problem for me in the way I see it. The clothes do not want me to wash them and neither do I. The real problem here is I'm not really fond of doing laundry. But I have to do it anyway since who else would?

I don't like my Nana to do the laundry, not because she sucks at it but she's old to move around washing those big pile of clothes.

Seriously, all she had to do is rest because old people get tired easily and those old bones would function slowly and that makes their work heavier because they struggle to move their legs around. I don't want her to be tired.

I got in our backyard still in my pajamas BTW and walked towards her barefooted.

"Nana, just go change and get ready." I grabbed the pail full of water from her gently and put it beside me.

"You woke up late, your father needs help at the station." My grandma said, and I sighed mentally. I know that.

"Yeah, I know," I mumbled. "But you got to get ready now or Jeni can't give you and Kela a hitch."