Chapter 4

Leader of the Phoenixes? As in the power hungry war mongers. My eyes darted to Aedan. He was standing up prideful and fearful. I could feel a shiver go down my spine as I stared at my last mate. He wasn't anything like my other mates. He seemed dangerous.
     I silently exhaled as I tried to calm myself down. I really didn't need to stir up any more trouble, but I wanted to get the facts straight to Aedan. I turned to Aedan and gently placed my hand on his shoulder. His black eyes landed upon me, giving off like a murderous intent.
     "Aedan, please do not disrespect these people. They were kind enough to save my life." I explained.
     "So that gives them a reason to mark you?" He stated coldly, his eyebrows furrowing in anger.
     "Castor is my mate, Aedan." I looked him dead in the eye. "And so are you. You are mated to the Queen of the prophecy."
     "What?" His eyebrow arched in questioning. His tone cold as ice. "You're joking?" I shook my head. He laughed. "So you're telling me that not only your the most powerful female out there but I have to share you with nine others?"
     "Eleven." I rubbed the back of my arm, my nerves shot to shit. "The original prophecy says that me and my brother are supposed to receive twelve mates." At the mention of twelve mates, I could hear his jaw clench. I gulped. I didn't like the way this encounter was going.
     "What is you name woman?" Aedan asked.
     "My name is Aiyana Delma."
     "I, Aedan Slayer, reject you, Aiyana Delma as my mate." He spat through gritted teeth.
     A very sharp pain ripped through my chest. Immediately I grasped my chest as I fell to my knees, trying to catch some air into my lungs. I felt like I was choking but there was nothing I was choking on. I could feel. The sweat start to form all over my body as my body burned from the inside out. My vision started to go from blurry to clear repeatedly.
     What's going on? I screamed through my head.
     You're going through a rejection. Alaster's pained voice laced my brain. I tried thinking of the bond and to disconnect it but the pain was too much to bear. I clenched my hands, took a deep breath and focused on something else. Suddenly the pain was gone. Shaking my head, I got to my feet again and regained my composure. I looked to Aedan.
     "I, Aiyana Delma, accept your rejection." I furrowed my eyebrows with anger. "Now leave this place before I remove you forcefully."
     "And what are you going to do?" He taunted me.
     "I wouldn't press the issue Aedan." I growled.
     "Why not?"
     "She's fought Roric twice. Once a stale mate and the other, making him go into hiding. Who knows, next time she'll be able to kill him." Zander came to my side, with an evil smirk gracing his lips. His blue eyes were blazing with hatred and murderous intent. "She'll be able to kill you in the blink of an eye."
     "I'll just be reborn." Aedan scoffed.
     "Oh an ultimate hybrid can surprise you." Zander chuckled. "You don't know what we are capable of. Now I suggest you leave."
     "Oh, and I'm supposed to listen to you." Aedan stared down his nose at Zander with a smile gracing his lips. He was walking up to my brother with a murderous glare. When Aedan grew to close to my brother, my body started to react. A pulsing wave went throughout my body, making a weird feeling scatter in my body and mind. Suddenly I felt an intense pressure, and it was very familiar. I saw my nails starting to lengthen and my hair started to blacken. I knew who was coming out and I didn't expect it to be so soon. I ferociously fought against him. If he was going to surface, I didn't know what exactly might happen.
      "Aiyana?" I heard Zen voice call. My eyes focused and immediately I noticed how dangerously close Aedan was getting to my brother. With that scene in my head, he casted me back into my mind as the remainder of my control vanished. His demonic aura pressed hard out of my body and surrounded the room. Aedan snapped his head to me.
     "Get away from him." Loki spat venomously at Aedan.
     "Who are you?"
     "I can be your best friend or your worst fucking nightmare. And right now, you are leaning towards nightmare." Loki made my body stand up proudly. "I warn you again pest, get away from him or you deal with me."
     "Loki." I hear Zander warn.
     "Stay out of this Zander." Loki growled, making his aura fluctuate again.
     "Loki?" Castor's mother furrowed her brows. "This aura does not belong to this Loki you speak of."
     "Watch your mouth woman." Loki warned Castor's mother.
     "What do you mean?" Sakura looked to Castor's mother.
     "My dear, you don't recognize this aura." Castor's mother wickedly smiled. "It's is none other than Asmodeus, one of the seven princes of hell. Also known as the seven deadly sin, Lust."
     Loki growled at the woman in front of us. I could feel my nails lengthen.
     Zander what is going on? I screamed to him through our soul bond.
     I don't know. He admitted.
     I do. Thor sighed. His true identity was revealed. I might as well tell you that my name isn't actually Thor. My name is Beelzebub, one of the seven princes of hell and known as Gluttony of the seven deadly sins.
     Asmodeus? Beelzebub? Princes of Hell? What? I screamed in my head.
     Now's not the time to worry about that Aiyana. Loki is ready to kill. Thor and Zander said to me. I focused back onto Loki, who was in fact staring between Aedan and Castor's mother. I could feel his bloodlust racing through my body. I violently pushed forward and I was now subconsciously standing right beside him.
     "Loki, please don't do this." I begged him as I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. "You are better than this. So what you had a different name in the past, it doesn't mean you are not Loki to me. Don't try to get provoked by those people. They aren't worth your time or effort."
     Loki's bloodlust died down but I could still feel his anger. He turned towards me and gave a heavy sigh, then slinked into my arms. He looked beyond tired. I slowly brought him down and had him lay down with his head upon my lap.
     "Thank you Aiyana." He rubbed his cheek against my arm.
     "No problem Loki." I kissed his forehead and then placed a loose strand of hair behind his ear. "Now why may I ask, are you doing up this early? You fought for my life for a long time and it's still time for you to be resting."
     "I knew that you were hurting and there was trouble. I had to help you." He whispered to me. "I couldn't let that slide. Exhausted or not. You had enough to last a life time. You don't deserve anymore pain."
     My heart swelled with love. Loki truly cared about me. I leaned forward and gave him a hug. Well, somewhat of a hug if you wanted to call it that. Loki smiled before placing his hand against my cheek. He stared at me lovingly.
     "Now get some rest. You need it and deserve it. But promise me when you wake, you will explain everything to me." I calmly stated as I stroked his hair. He softly nodded as his eyes drifted close. His breathing slowed down, showing me that he was resting. I kissed his forehead again before I got out from underneath him. In my mind, I somehow summoned a pillow and a blanket. I set Loki's head onto the pillow. He sighed with content and his body relaxed even more. I smiled as I tucked him in before taking control back. My eyes refocused on what was before me. Aedan was still close to my brother but not as close as before. Castor's mother was back to her sour puss self but I could care less. I turned towards Aedan, elegantly walking up to him. I could see his eyes scan my body like I was a prize.
     You lost your chance bub. I mentally hissed. When I was in front of him, I glared at him. "Now, I don't like to repeat myself. Please leave willingly or I'll escort you myself of the territory."
     "I guess you have to escort me." He wickedly grinned. I growled low but nodded. I turned on my heels and immediately I could hear Aedan's footsteps follow, as well as Zen's and Zander's. Before I passed Castor, I stopped and looked at him.
     "I'll be back, I promise. We'll settle everything once I get back."
     "What about your safety?" Castor warned while he glared at Aedan behind me.
     "Oh don't worry about that. Those two are very strong." I softly smiled. I leaned in closer to him. "And besides I don't think Aedan will leave without a fight so I compromised."
     "But you don't know the territory." Castor whispered.
     "Just give Zen a map. I'll be able to follow it." I whispered back.
     "How?"
     "Mind link."
     "Mind link?"
     "I'll explain later." I kissed his cheek. "I'll be back."
     Castor nodded but I knew that he didn't like this idea. I walked passed him and went to the entrance of the room where a servant was already at the door, ready to show me the way out of this place.
     I got the map. Zen's thoughts flowed into my mind. I mentally nodded back to him. We all quietly followed the servant out of the place. When the fresh air hit my skin, I felt as ease. I didn't like being cramped up in houses more than I had too. Once we reached outside of the gate that surrounded the mansion, I was immediately the focus of everyone's attention. I didn't realize that there was a town right outside the gate. I stiffened a bit, not sure how to make out their stares. I gracefully walked through the crowds with Aedan, Zen and Zander at my heels, following Zen's directions.
     When we finally approached the forest line, my body started to relax. I continued in the direction Zen pointed out. It was very quiet in our little group, which was shocking but then again it wasn't. Aedan here, was killing the vibe.
     We are nearing the boarder. Zen's told me. We are here. He warned me a few minutes later. I stopped and faced Aedan.
     "I have escorted you to the boarder. Now I am asking you, please leave."
     "What if I don't want to?" He smiled wickedly at me, making my temper flare. "Alright, alright. Geez." He rolled his eyes as he went back into his side of the boarder. He looked over his shoulder, staring at me with a smile upon his face. Suddenly he burst into flames. My heart jumped at this but it soon calmed down when I saw a gigantic bird standing before me. It's red feathers swaying in the breeze, making it resemble fire. It made a loud screech before it took to the skies with grace and speed. It soon disappeared from my sight.
     "What was that?" I asked Zander and Zen.
     "That would be a Phoenix." They answered.
     "Oh." That is cool. I mentally screamed with excitement. But I quickly recovered. I sighed, turned on my heels and walked back to the palace; though I made sure to take my time.
     I enjoyed the scenery. The beautiful forest was spread far and wide, holding many different creatures. A beautiful flower caught my eye and I immediately bent down to get a closer look.
     "My, my. It seems that we have a couple of intruders." A male's voice came above us. I heard extending of claws and immediately I looked up. I saw a male a year older than me coming raining down towards me. His right arm was extended above him, in a striking position. His long black hair was wildly flailing behind him, making his dog ears visible to me. His gold eyes grew wide as he stared at me while he was falling. Suddenly he twisted in mid air, making him shift his position. He landed a couple of feet in front of us. Zander and Zen stepped in front of me, Zander claws at ready and Zen with his katana. "Who are you and what are you doing trespassing on our land?"
     "I'm not trespassing. This is my mate's land." I growled at the guy. In the corner of my eye, I saw a flicker of movement. I looked down to find a black tail swishing side to side with aggravation. From what I could see, he wore a white juban kimono with a black montsuki kimono on top and a matching black hakama. I also noticed that he wore no shoes or socks, revealing his claw like toenails. He raised his eyebrow in a non-believing manner.
     "Tch." The male huffed with irritation. I could feel my left eye twitch as my anger grew. But I calmed down and walked passed the random male. Zander and Zen following closely at my sides. As we headed back to the palace, I hear and feel the man follow us. When Zander and Zen kept looking back, that proved me right. I sighed, gently maneuvering around the crowded streets of the village. But when I got to the palace gate, I heard a scoff come from the male behind us.
     "My Lady, welcome back." The guard bowed in respect.
     "Thank you but please call me Aiyana." I gave him a soft smile as I released him of his bowing stance.
     "Yes Aiyana." The guard looked to me.
     "Do you know where Castor is?" I asked the guard politely.
     "He should be in the palace gardens Aiyana." He guard answered.
     "Thank you." I kindly smiled at him. The guard blushed a bit but slightly nodded his head. The guard looked behind me and raised his brow.
     "Lord Hoshi you are late for your lessons." The guard informed the man behind us. When the man didn't answer, the guard sighed and looked to me. "Thank you for bringing back Lord Hoshi."
     "You're welcome but I think it was curiosity that brought him back." I smiled.
     "It's actually satisfaction." The guard smirked. "Curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back."
     "Oh." I giggled. "By the way, what's your name?"
     "Mine?" The guard looked at me astonished.
     "Yes."
     "Maro, my Lady... I mean Aiyana."
     "Well Maro, thank you for your company. Please keep up the good work." I kindly smiled at him.
     "Yes Aiyana." He bowed before he stood perfectly still, looking at the people passing by. I chuckled as I walked passed and went in the direction to the gardens by following Castor's scent of chocolate. Soon I approached a tall hedge, and I was confused at the sight of it. I followed the hedge until I found the entrance to what looked like a maze. At the entrance, I smelled Castor's scent of chocolate everywhere; at every corner and pathway. It didn't matter if I did track him by his scent, with it surrounding the entire maze, I will surely get lost. Sighing, I looked to Zen who seemed to catch on to what I wanted for him to do. His beautiful wings were summoned and with one heavy flap of his wings, he took gracefully to the skies. From here, I could see Zen looking everywhere over the maze and I could smell his confusion.
     He carefully descended from the skies and landed next to me. He shook his head.
     "I'm sorry Aiyana but I can't find him. This entire maze is covered with a barrier." He informed me.
     "Okay, thank you Zen." I softly smiled at him. "I'll go relax underneath that tree and enjoy the sunny day. Care to join me?" I asked Zander and Zen. They nodded with a smile as they followed me over to the tree. I sat down gracefully underneath the shady part of the tree and leaned against the trunk. I had to admit it wasn't easy to move around in these kimonos. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as a warm breeze passed through. It was nice being by the equator, it was always warm.
     As time passed, Zander laid his head down upon my lap and fell asleep. Zen sat next to me, enjoying our quiet time.
     "Still not going to the lessons Hoshi?" I said with my eyes closed.
     "Why should I?"
     "It will be beneficial." I opened my eyes and looked up to see him sitting on the branch above me.
      "Not to me it isn't."
      "Well I think your lucky. I wasn't given an education. I had to learn quick to survive." I softly smiled at him before I gently stroked my brother's hair from out of his eyes. I could feel Hoshi's eyes on me but I simply ignored it. I sighed and leaned against Zen, who tensed for a moment underneath my touch. He then leaned his head against mine. Feeling this comfort actually made me very tired. Yawning, I snuggled down and closed my eyes. As soon as I fell asleep, my soul was casted out of my body and into Alaster's.