Chapter 18:Rouge and Shadow's On The Case And Enter King Jules

While the others are having fun, Shadow was trying to figure out where in the world Eggman is hiding their father. But the real problem is that he have no idea where the cells are.

Shadow: Man..... The Doctor sure outdone himself.

Rouge: You can say that again, hun~.

Shadow: Rouge? What are you doing here?

Rouge: I just thought that you might need some help.

Shadow: Sure, I think I could use some help.

Rouge: Well, well, well, it looks like you've kinda changed since the whole incident huh?

Shadow: Yeah.... I think I did.... So, where is the secret door to the cells.

Rouge: In the basement.

       Shadow took her hand and use Chaos Control to the basement.

Rouge: Right here, we just need to hack it and we're in there in no time!

Shadow: We can't, there's an alarm on it. If we hack the lock, the alarms goes on and we're busted.

Rouge: Oh well.... We have no choice but to guess the password.

Shadow: I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's correct.

       Shadow typed the words he have in mind and the door opened.

Rouge: Wow.... That was easy. What was the password you wrote?

Shadow: 'Council of Four', it was the current title of Sonic, Sonia, Manic, and our Mom. Sonic told me once.

      The two enter the door and they went pass the empty cells and found an occupied cell. Jules was at the corner of the cell, curled up in a ball.

Shadow: Dad?

Jules: Huh? Who are you? State your purpose!

Shadow: It's okay, it's just me.... Shadow...

Jules: S-shadow?

       Shadow used a Chaos Spear and carefully slice the metal bars and carefully put them away. Jules came up to him, and he carefully observed him.

Jules: (suspiciously) How do I know that you were not pretending to be my eldest son?

Shadow: (Shows him his medallion and activates it) This is my proof, Sonic gave it to me.

        Once Shadow did that, Jules knows that only a member of the royal family can active the medallion's powers. And he gave Shadow a fatherly hug. He hugged his father back, grabbed Rouge's hand and used Chaos Control to get out of there.

       Everyone is having a great time when suddenly Shadow, Rouge, and Jules appeared. Sonic, Sonia, Manic, Kaze, and Darren recognized Jules immediately.

Sonic, Sonia, and, Manic: Dad?

Kaze and Darren: Jules?

     Jules let Shadow go and he saw his two older brothers and his children.

Jules:(smiles) Hi, everyone.

Sonic, Sonia, and Manic: DAD!!!

      The three hedgehogs run towards their father and hugged him tightly, reuniting their family.Silver joined in the hug and Jules immediately recognized him.

Jules: Silver, my youngest son.

Sonic: Actually Dad, there's one more.

Jules: Really, I don't remember having another child.