4

[IMPORTANT] I know I have put a warning in this book that this would hit touchy subjects and these therapy sessions will be hitting over it, so if you guys may get triggered just skip over!

The thoughts running through his head were. "What if they don't end up liking my voice? What if I myself don't like my voice? Then will I just not get my voice back... Should I try?" Negative thoughts always override positive thoughts, especially when struggling with depression.

They signaled Chanyeol to come back in as Jimin prepared himself to start the session.

"Ok Jimin, we ready to start?" He asked as Jimin nodded his head.

"I'll just show you the story, it's already typed out." Jimin signs as Tae speaks it. Jimin pulls up his phone and shows Chanyeol as he scans over the texting, assessing what had happened to Jimin.

"Jimin, I'm sorry this had to happen you. Now, can I ask you a question?" Chanyeol asks as Jimin nods his head.

"Ok, since you were so young when this happened, how did you coincide without your biological parents?" Chanyeol questions, paying attention to every subtle movement Jimin makes.

"Well at first it had just been writing on notepads for communication. But I wouldn't communicate with anyone for a good two months, after that it was just a slight nod, then the third month after their death I would start writing little notes and giving more insight to their death and my trauma. That third month they had taken me out of the hospitals because I would finally communicate in one way. They decided to put me in an orphanage until I could legally get a job and live in my parent's old house. But I mean anyways, who would want a child who couldn't speak? No one, so I was in that putrid orphanage until I was sixteen since I could legally get a job. But because I was mute, it was hard to find a job, so I just cleaned dishes at a restaurant, it had given me a stable life, it was easy to sustain. Plus, I inherited my parent's money which was luckily quite a bit and I of course got the house, though it was painful to live in, I had to persevere." Jimin signed and Tae had translated, it had really been tragic up until college. Could anyone imagine being mute and trying to find a job and sustain a life without parents at such a young age? Though it may seem like stuff out of a movie, Jimin had to endure these mental and physical road-blocks up until college though not speaking may get in the way a bit.

"Ok Jimin, it's good that you have been able to work around your hardships, you have never given up. Look at the bright side of that, you have lived!" Chanyeol claims.

"I guess I did..." Jimin signs, visibly thinking.

"Now, let's go over some things so I know what treatment to use to help you get better." Chanyeol says, looking down at his notepad as Jimin nods in reply.

"First off, because of your parent's death, have you struggled with any other mental or physical conditions?" Chanyeol questions.

"Yes, I struggle with a really severe depression." Jimin hesitantly signs as Chanyeol takes notice at the delayed reaction.

"And because of your depression, have you ever self-harmed or attempted?" Chanyeol says, digging maybe a bit too deep for Jimin's likings.

"Yes, both." Jimin signs as his head hangs low.

"Have you cut recently?" Chanyeol asks as Jimin looks down at his arms to see just scars and no fresh cuts.

"Now that I look, I've been two months clean, last time I tried to, I had gotten a new roommate and I was so worried about it, but he stopped me and he is now my boyfriend." Jimin signs as Tae stop in the middle of translating.

"Wait- Jimin, is that true?" Tae softly asks and Jimin just softly nods his head in guilt. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you in that moment."

"It's ok, please continue, it was for the best and worked out for the best." Jimin gestures as Tae finishes translating.

"Ok, that's really good, keep it up. Now when you attempted, what caused you to and who saved you or how did you get saved? I won't ask how you did it if it may be too personal." Chanyeol asks, taking note of Jimin's movements and how they differ question to question. He saw that when Jimin was nervous or uncomfortable, his eyes would vibrate back and forth, but it was only noticeable if you paid close attention but what was much more visible was how much his hands were shaking.

"Well, I had just started college, I hadn't really met Tae yet, I was on my own. Being the mute kid didn't exactly help, it drew attention to me. Of course there had to be that classic cliche bad boy group, they go by GOT7 and they bullied me really badly mentally and physically, all because I couldn't speak. One day I had just had enough, I thought no one loved me so I sat in the bathroom during class and cut some really deep slashes on my arms, I wanted to bleed out. Luckily before I completely lost consciousness Tae had actually walked in the bathroom and saw me as he called a teacher and an ambulance, from there, at the hospital they diagnosed me with iron deficiency anemia because of the surplus of blood I lost. I spent about two weeks in the hospital, they had monitored my cuts and made sure I took my ferric citrate pills until I was healthy enough to leave and I had to continue taking those pills for two more months before I had an average amount of iron and red blood cells in my system so I could stop taking those nasty things. If I lose too much blood now, I'm at a huge risk for another iron deficiency which could mean death for me since my red blood cell supply is still under average because I still have to watch my diet and eat foods with more iron, hence why they won't allow me to be vegetarian. In those two months at the brink of death, I became friends with Tae since he saved me and it was a bonus that he happened to know sign language to interpret for me since I had learned it while just sitting in the orphanage." Jimin signs sadly as Tae reflects back to how he met Jimin when he had almost died.

"Ok Jimin, our session is almost up. From what I heard about you today, we are going to use CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy, this will be used in such a way to help change your way of behaving and thinking, it should work if we execute it correctly. For this treatment you only need short sessions, so like fifty minutes, and only one session a week. You'll have about ten sessions in total? If we need longer I'll have no problem extending that, so the same day & time since this worked out?" Chanyeol informed as Jimin nodded his head to Tuesday's.

This may all work out after all.

~~~~

Ok, so I know some of you guys may not know what iron deficiency anemia is, so I'll explain it in short.

Iron deficiency anemia is when the blood lacks the ability to produce an adequate amount of red blood cells. Or you don't have enough iron in your blood, it can be caused by a big loss of blood, lack of iron in the diet, inability to absorb iron, and some other things. In order to get the red blood cells to 'reproduce' (in a way)  often times, doctors can give you pills such as ferric citrate or liquid shots of iron to increase the level of red blood cells as well as the amount of iron in your system.

But it's really important that you guys do not diagnose yourself with this because if you decide to take any of the medicines that give you a surplus of iron or red blood cells, you will be at an extremely high risk of getting iron poisoning which can get you extremely sick and even kill you, so please seek medical help on that part.

ALSO, my information may not be entirely accurate on any of these things since I have not been taught these things in school, but I made sure to do some research on these things to make sure I'm for the most part accurate on this stuff because I don't want anyone getting upset over this, though it is purely a work of fiction and not all details will not be factually correct or accurate to a tee, so please keep this in mind that I'm not doctor or therapist/psychologist.