I looked up and saw her disappearing behind some trees and I hurried to catch up. I tripped a couple of times as I tried to not lose her out of my sight but when I caught up to the tree I lost her in, I stopped.

I stared as I saw that the woman was gone, nowhere in sight. I looked around but there was no sign of where she’d gone to. Except for the cabin that was near the lake. The cabin! I found it!

I almost ran towards it, expecting the woman to be inside. I stood in front of the door and hesitated on knocking first. I took a big gulp of air and opened it; but I was welcomed by some birds coming out and flying near my face. I covered it with my arms but they still scraped me with their peaks and wings. When they were out I glared at them as they flew away.

I walked inside and looked around, expecting it to be like the last time I was here in that flashback; indeed, it was. The table, the chairs, the window that overlooked the lake. I decided to walk over into the small hallway that led to a bedroom and a bathroom. I walked into the bedroom and it had a simple bed with another window, but this one faced the woods. I walked in and the wooden floor screeched a little, I saw a small, black box at the foot of the bed and went to pick it up.

Letters. Some were short and others long. I bet this are from my father, I hope they are. I will read them later, though.

I took the box with me and I went back to the so-called living room. I sat down on the table where my mother used to sit. I sighed and opened the first letter that was at the very top, curiosity got the best of me.

I furrowed my brows

I furrowed my brows. Was this their last letter? What treason? Were they forbidden from seeing each other? And who the hell is ‘her’? Why is she a danger for me?

(Listen to Lafee - 7 Sünden)

I placed the letter back in and looked up while closing the box. How can a relationship be called treason? I sighed in frustration and stood up. I paused when I heard the wood underneath me squeak. Weird. Those things only happen when the wood is hollow.

I placed the box back on the table and bent down to touch the wood. I saw a small hole and pulled up with a little force the lid. I put it aside as some dust flew in the air, making me cough a little. I blew on the dust and looked at what I found inside. It was a small piece of spiritual quartz, it was orchid, the color of my eyes. It also had this gypsy jewelry on top in a moon shape; according to what I‘ve learned so far about these gems, it had amethyst, chalcedony and silver alloy at the very top. It was a rare piece to see, yet beautiful.

I picked it up and analyzed it up close. It must have been soldered by someone very talented. I didn’t know what this was used for though. I looked inside the hole on the ground and noticed a folded piece of paper. I picked it up and blew the dust away.

After reading it, I closed my eyes and blended the four elements

After reading it, I closed my eyes and blended the four elements. I’ve never done this before, so I hope it works. I took deep breaths and opened my eyes. I looked at the quartz and blew softly against it, watching as a purplish breath came out but it got absorbed by the quartz like a vacuuming machine.

I didn’t feel any pain yet so I took this chance to look for the secret passage that tele-transported me back to the castle. I tried to find the same moon somewhere on the wall, somewhere near where I came out of the last time. I suddenly felt a small line that felt out of place and I turned to look at it.

Indeed, it was what I was looking for. I looked for the moon but it wasn’t there, either way I pressed and felt the small portal open. I bent over as a sudden pain hit me everywhere. I fell on my knees as my hands started shaking and I could barely move.

I am strong, I can go through this; if this is something necessary to fully awaken my powers, I will be strong. I slowly stood up with wobbly knees and leaned against the wall for support. I took deep breaths and tried to keep in my pain by biting my lips as well. I walked into the portal, which only made it worse. Since I used my magic to open the portal, my magic was in use, which made it more painful because this was supposed to be the ‘opening ceremony’ for my powers.

I closed my eyes tight as I felt myself cross over. I took hold of the wall and walked slowly towards the hallway. I let out a small cry as my feet burnt, I couldn’t bare the ground underneath me, it was as if I was on fire.

I let go off of the wall as my hands started burning as well. I fell on the ground and balled my hands into fists, trying to hold in my pain but it was hard not to, I felt the cold sweat dripping down to my neck.

“Princess!” Mia cried as she saw me. The blonde girl looked at me in desperation, not knowing what to do.

“Call the queen, please,” I looked into her baby blue eyes, “tell her she must use the spiritual spell on me.” I gasped for air as she stared at me, I don’t know if she understood what her duty was right now.

“Quickly!” I cried and she started moving, realizing she had been staring at me this whole time. “Y-yes, m’lady.” She stood up and ran away towards my sister’s office. I sighed and tried to stand up once more.

I failed, I closed my eyes and tried to use my powers, even though it will hurt more. I used the wind element to help me up, it was wobbly but it worked, halfway. I leaned against the wall and sat down once more. My backed ached because of the tattoo, it wasn’t helping at all. I just hope it fades when my powers awaken.

My eyes were becoming droopy and I didn’t want to close them at all so I looked up at the ceiling and waited for her to come. I groaned again and tried to keep my steady breathing but it wasn’t working.

“Eirisse!” I heard Qadira cry, but I was already falling asleep. “Do the spell, she said-“

“What? Who said it? Who told you about this?” My sister took hold of my face in her warm hands and shook me softly, trying to keep me awake. The pain was too much right now, there was pain everywhere but it was inside my soul...

“Mom said you knew…” I felt myself drifting away, not being able to hear her last words.

.
.
.

A/N:
Don't forget to comment down your beautiful thoughts about my work and the story. I would really appreciate it if you weren't a silent reader 😉😙