Caught Red Handed

They stared at them with eyes widened in utter shock and in Sasuke's case-disgust.

"What the f*ck are the two of you doing?!" Sasuke's low voice shook the awkward silence.

"It's not what you think..." Tenten started but was interrupted by Neji.

"I started it. I was the one who initiated that intimate moment. It was a one-time thing. I do not know what came over me. This means nothing. She had nothing to do with it. There will not be a repetition of this."

Sasuke glared menacingly towards Neji. He had never cared about others' affairs but this involved his Brother. Itachi would be crushed if he knew about this. He would, crap, he would run off again to god knows where. Sasuke adored his brother dearly, he did not want to see his brother become an empty shell again.

"This. Never. Happened." Sasuke growled quietly, "Stay away from Tenten, she is my brother's fiancé. At least respect that. Sakura, Tenten, let's go."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few weeks had passed since the awkward incident. Sakura had took what Sasuke said literally, by pretending it never actually happened, but she could only keep mum about it for so long.

It was not what Neji did that surprised her, no. It was the expression on Tenten's face that made Sakura curious. Tenten looked like she was enjoying every minute of being in Neji's arms. She looked like she was in total bliss, she looked satisfied. The slamming of the door woke Sakura up from her reverie, she was lying down on her bed and jolted up as soon as the door slammed open.

"Crap! I didn't mean to wake you! Was trying to open the door discreetly, some kind of ninja I am. Can't even pass stealth mode." Tenten joked as she chuckled quietly.

Sakura shook her head gently as she waved her hand dismissively, "N-No! It's alright. I was actually waiting for you.."

"You were?" Tenten asked as she removed her tank top over her head and tossed it into the laundry basket, revealing her navy blue bra. She grabbed an oversized shirt that was lying on her bed and put it on quickly. "What's up Sakura?"

Sakura eyed the shirt that Tenten was wearing distastefully, it did not look womanly at all, if she had not known better, it might actually belonged to a man, "Whose shirt are you wearing Tenten? Lee's?"

Tenten looked down towards her shirt as she laughed, "No! Of course not, Lee and Gai have the same taste I am afraid, anything bright, tight and flashy are more of their style. This shirt belongs to Neji.. When we used to sleep in the same dorm, I accidentally took it and wore it by mistake. He refused to take it back afterwards. He said it smelled too much like me-a woman. He said he would rather be caught dead than smell like cherries in his sleep.. Come on, don't give me that look! It's comfy! I only use it to bed once in a while."

Sakura sucked in her breath as soon as Tenten mentioned Neji's name, she exhaled loudly before she began, "Tenten.. Is there something you want to tell me?"

Tenten looked at Sakura quizzically, before Sakura continued, "Neji.. He was the one who you were talking about the night that I declared my feelings towards you when I thought you were Teiji. Tenten..? Are you in love with Neji?"

Tenten kept quiet, she looked at Sakura with sad eyes before she cleared her throat, "Sakura.. That was all in the past. I guess it was a crush. I am with Itachi now. What Neji did a few weeks ago, could most possibly be out of sexual build up. It could have happened to anyone who was there with him at that time.. Gai-Sensei always lectured us about abstinence and sexual build up..."