Tenten and Neji's Past

Tenten was the last person to arrive. She was awarded with Gai's own form of punishment; to be the next referee for Gai and Kakashi's ridiculous rival match, this upcoming weekend at 6am.

"You need a referee for a stupid match between two individuals? This is not even close to the olympics games!" Tenten remarked incredulously.

"Well.. I had a feeling you would not agree, it's either that or you will be my hiking partner for 2 straight days up high in the mountains at an altitude above 2500 metres. Mind you, it will get cold and we might need to strip ourselves naked just to keep our bodies warm..." Gai started as Tenten's recent nightmare scene unfolded in her mind, she  interrupted Gai through a loud and eager yell.

"REFEREE IT IS!! Just tell me the location."

Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see Neji stifling down laughter, she narrowed her eyes at him before he returned it back with a smirk.

"Alright team! I have got good news for you lot! Listen up, we will be going on a mission in about 2 hour's time, so I suggest you pack your backpacks now before we head..." Gai commanded before Neji pointed out the obvious.

"Gai-Sensei.." Neji started, stressing out the word Sensei, to possibly knock some authoritative sense into his psychotic instructor, ".. we only started training under your leadership; yesterday. Surely it would not be wise to send us out on a mission until you deem some of us ready for this Mission, then.."

"Are you suggesting that only some of us in this group are superior than the rest..?" Tenten retorted angrily.

"I am showing concern towards my teammates, and you are questioning me?" Neji asked calmly.

"You know what, your royal highness? Enough okay? I do not care if you are from a high and mighty clan, you need to do your part in behaving like a human being that practices empathy. That's right, you heard me; empathy. You are intelligent, you are strong but that doesn't give you any right to treat others like scum. When you lost your ability to activate your byakugan for this short period of time, did it not teach you anything? You learn how to live without it and it wasn't easy was it? That is how we commoners learn and we get better at it. It is harder and takes a longer route than someone who was born with a royal kekei genkai like you. And you experienced it, so instead of degrading us about how slow and inefficient we are as compared to you, you should respect the very fact that the rest of us are trying twice as hard just to get to where you are now. I won't even be surprised if we surpass you, with hard work and determination I am certain we can even change our fate." Tenten exclaimed hotly.

Instead of replying to her outbursts, Neji remained quiet. He was glaring towards Tenten, pure hatred was etched on his face. His hands were clenched into fists. He took his fighting stance and motioned Tenten to do the same.

"Fate? What do you know of fate? Have you seen your father turning into a sacrificial lamb for the benefit of the clan?  Have you been marked for eternal damnation by a clan? And you live just to serve those who had put the curse mark on you!?" Neji's voice was now cold, hard rigid, he charged towards Tenten in a mass of fury.

Tenten ducked his attack and quickly took out her scroll as she leaped up high, she bit her thumb quickly before smearing blood onto the scroll. Out came a set of tonfa she took it and swiftly charged Neji.

"Teiji! Neji! We should not~!" Lee started but was held onto the shoulder by Gai.

"No Lee, let them be. There is a lesson in this that they need to learn." Gai exclaimed wisely as he looked at the two of his students with a serious face.