Chapter 4//In Town

In Town

Athena's POV

This term has been going actually pretty fast. I've been in school since the end of August and I haven't gone home since. I was going home in a 17 days for Christmas and New Years. Ever since the middle of November, my weekends have been cleared and non school related.

@ShawnMendes: next stop London

Shawn was on tour with Austin Mahone. He's traveling the world and living his dream, and I'm proud of him. He's gifted. 

@asdfghjklAthena: "@ShawnMendes next stop London" come say hi. I miss you.

@ShawnMendes: @asdfghjklAthena answer your phone

Sassy. I looked in my texts.

Shawn Mendes✌

Emirates Stadium Saturday 12/6

Hornsey Rd show up at 2 ✌

Looks like I'm going to see Shawn Saturday.

-

I was on my way to the stadium he was at. Thankfully, Zoey offered to drive me there. She dropped me off and I thanked her again.

"Name?" the security guard asked.

"Athena Robertson."

"I'm sorry. You are not on the list."

"She's with me." I looked over. Shawn. "C'mon." he smiled.

I gave him a huge hug. Like one of those kind of hugs where you don't let go.

"How's the tour?" I asked breaking the hug.

"Prankful." he said laughing.

"Sounds fun."

"How's that college life?" he asked trying to sound hipster.

"Tiring." I replied with a sigh.

"Gilinsky told me to not even try to ask you to hang when I'm in town because you never have time to facetime him."

"That is somewhat true. He just facetimes me when I have projects and a lot of homework." I said defending myself.

"Well I'm glad you could make it." he wrapped his arm around me. "Now let's have you meet people."

I met the stage directors, dancers, staff, other people that were touring, Alex Constancio, and finally Austin Mahone.

"So this is the famous Athena." Austin said winking at me.

"How do you know my-? Wait what?" I said confused.

"Shawn doesn't shut up about you." Alex butted in. I looked at Shawn and his face was buried in his hands.

"Shawn..." I said suspiciously.

"I'm still in love with you Athena. I haven't stop." he said shyly.

"Shawn I-"

Shawn's POV

I couldn't take it. I clashed my lips onto hers. She didn't pull away or push me off. Instead, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed back. We both pulled away and looked into eachother's eyes.

"Athena. I love you." I said.

"Shawn-"

"Do you love me?" I was desperate for her. "I know you lost feelings for Jack."

"I don't know Shawn."

"Uhh Shawn. We kind of need to do soundcheck." Austin said awkwardly.

"What? Oh yeah. Sorry. Let's uh go do soundcheck." I said breaking away from Athena.

"Alex. Entertain her." Austin said.

Athena's POV

I watched Shawn go on stage with his guitar. I have to admit, out of like the two people I've ever kissed in my life, Shawn's was special.

"I can tell that you have some type of feeling for him Athena." Alex said breaking my thoughts.

thots. lol sorry I had to actually #thanksbart ok sowwy back to the story.

"It's complicated." I said.

"Is it because of that Gilinsky dude?"

"Kind of."

"Let me tell you this. On tour, Shawn doesn't shut up about you. Like 97% of the time he talks, he talks about you. So I pretty much know everything about you."

"That's so creepy..." I replied.

"Just friends" don't hug like that." Alex said quoting the two words, just friends. "Athena I'm not clueless. I see the way you look at him."

I was looking out on the stage, silent.

"Shawn loves you. Trust me."

I looked at Alex and smiled. I looked back out on the stage. Shawn was singing Life of the Party. "We don’t have to be ordinary. Make your best mistakes, cause we don’t have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party" he sang in the mic while strumming on his gutair. Once he finished, he pretended to say thanks to the crowd and walked back to back stage.

"You're staying for the show right Athena?" Shawn asked me while getting a bottle of water.

"I wish, but I can't."

"But whyyy?" Shawn whined.

"Zoe will be a sleep when it ends and I won't have a ride back to the university." I explained.

"We're staying in a hotel for a couple of nights. You could crash there if you would like." Alex offered.

"Thanks, but I don't have clothes."

"You could use mine. I won't mind." Shawn said. He swung his guitar so it's across his back.

"I don't knoww..."

"Do you have to study or something?" Shawn asked.

"Why are you even in college. Not to be rude or anything but you kind of didn't need to go to college you know." Alex said.

"Why does everyone keep telling me that?!" I exclaimed.

"C'mon Athena." Shawn begged. "Please." He pulled out his puppy face.

"Fineeee." I whined.

@AlexConstancio: #Shawthena @asdfghjklAthena @ShawnMendes

10:36PM update.

20 votes and 10 comments for next chapter

Thanks for reading (:

- Cristina