One Way To Wake Up

I woke up to something strange. I wasn't fully awake and the sunlight was coming through the windows so I knew it must be around 9. I felt something behind me and was confused because I knew May wasn't in bed, she was feeding the animals. I felt my hair being pulled and groaned. Turning over I saw that the door was open first, and then my brain fully comprehended that there was a baby goat in the bed with me.

I sighed and grabbed on of May's shirts off the floor putting it on. As I was picking up the goat I heard a lot of banging and cussing. I followed it to May who froze in her tracks. "Please, tell me I still have hair and he didn't eat it all." She smiled, glad that I wasn't mad.

She put a syringe in the goats mouth and gave him what I assumed was medicine. "No love. You still have your beautiful hair." She took him from me giving me a kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry. I brought him inside to give him medicine and when I turned around he was gone."

I smiled and pulled her in for a real kiss. "I'm guessing that's why I got woken up by him and not you?" I laughed. "It's okay, love. He just wanted to tell on you. Good morning."
She laughed when she saw me in her shirt."Good morning but isn't that dirty?"

"Well, I wasn't going to pick up the goat naked." She laughed and walked to go back outside. "Hey, your doing laundry today. You better hope he didn't ruin my sheets!" I yelled after her.

"His name is Dakota." I glared at her.

"It will wash, loves. Soap and water equals magical cleaning solution." My fussing rolling right off her. I huffed and ran my hands through my hair. Well, that's one to start a day. I looked down and saw where her boots had tracked mud in and ran to the door.

"You better clean the floors, too!" I yelled.

She laughed more, "You'll just do again after I do it and say I didn't do it right." I shut the door and gave up. She was right. It was too early for this. I walked back to our room stripping her dirty shirt. I grabbed the clothes off the floor and put them in the basket while walking to the bathroom. I gave another huff while I brushed my hair and turned on the hot water to the shower. I let the bathroom get really steamy and lit a candle before I got in.

I meditated and bathed enjoying the hot water on my skin. I begrudgingly got out knowing I needed to get stuff done. Wrapped in my towel I made my way to the bedroom and into the closet. As I flipped through the clothes I heard a soft mewing noise. I quickly pulled on jeans and a flowy shirt and rushed into the bedroom.

On the bed, I saw two tiny kittens. One a fluffy white and black. The other a silver gray. I picked them up and kissed their little faces. They purred at me. They looked like they were only 3 weeks old. I carried them out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where I found May.

She was still in her dirty jeans and tank top while she finished cooking. I came up behind her and she turned around and pulled me against her kissing me fully on my mouth. I smiled stupidly. She pulled away and began to make our plates and I mixed up milk for the kittens. "Do you think their mama was the one who you found ripped up by the animals?"

"Probably. Do you like them?" She asked.

"I love them." I finished making their food and took them to the table with us. She shook her head at me as I fed them and put my plate in front of me. I smiled when I saw it. She had made eggs, sausage, and toast. It was all mixed together and put on the toast the way I like it.

She noticed my smile and said, "I figured you would be too busy with the kittens to do it yourself."

I leaned over and kissed her, "Does this mean I get to keep them."

"Yes. It makes you happy." I picked up the gray kitten and kissed her face. "What are you going to name them?"

I held the gray one up, "This one will be Starlight." I look at the black one. "I don't know about him yet."

"Where are you going to keep them?"

"In a crate by the bed so I can feed them throughout the night. But after they reach 9 weeks they are going to start going outside with us until they are old enough to stay out there."

"How old do you think they are?"

"Three weeks or a little younger."

"Okay." She kissed my head and put our dishes in the dishwasher.

I looked at her longingly, "Are you going to take a shower?"

She came back over and wrapped her arms around me, I could smell her sweat and the animals and I bit my lip. She kissed the top of my head. "Yes, love." I pouted and she laughed at me. "I won't take long."

"Promises?"

"I wouldn't dream of making you wait, darling." She said with that with her beautiful smile. I held on to her when she went to walk away and whined. She tried to pull me off but I wouldn't let go. I knew she didn't actually mind because she was smiling. "Let go, love." I refused.

"What do you want?"

"You." I said whining more.

"You always have me, love." She kissed me passionately, long, and hard. I melted into her. She pulled back and kissed my head again. "I need to shower and you need to get the kittens situated."

I pulled her back by the collar of her shirt. "One more kiss." And she gave me one more kiss. I sat back and watched her hips sway as she walked away. Oh, what that woman did to me.