Chemical Burns

2 years before

I sat at my altar and put herbal medicine on my hands trying to heal them quickly before May got back. The candles flickered in response to my anger and I knew it was going to take longer if I didn't calm myself down. Negative energy was never good in any situation. I chanted a healing song softly. I had started to wrap my hands when I heard, "What are you doing?" I jumped.

I turned around stuttering, "I-I... N-Nothing." She stayed neutral but I could see the worry in her eyes. It tore me apart but I didn't let her see. I hated upsetting her or disappointing her. I hadn't meant to do it. I was angry and I was cleaning and I hadn't paying attention to how long I had been cleaning. I don't even know why I had used such harsh cleaners. She had left to feed the animals so she didn't know.

"Love." Was all she said and I shut down. She saw this but didn't get angry at me. I knew it frustrated her though. She sighed, "Did you know that the food on the stove is boiling over? And can I ask you why the dog is limping?" She said the last part with a bit of hatred and it made me shut down more. That would explain why she was in here. She almost never bothered me in my arts room. I had messed up dinner and hurt the dog. Tears started running down my face and I couldn't get my hands wrapped right. I was frustrated with myself.
May took my hands and wrapped them for me, "You were bought gloves for a reason."

"I wasn't going to be cleaning that long. I didn't mean to do it. I'm sorry."

"You say that every fucking-" I flinched and pulled away at that and she sighed and started again. "You say that every time, my love." I nodded my head. She finished up kissing both hands before letting go. She ran her hands through my hair. I looked at the ground. "Look at me." I didn't. She huffed impatiently. "Now." I have a mental battle with myself before giving up and looking at her. She kissed my forehead after brushing my hair out of my face. I thought this was kind of ridiculous because with me sitting and her standing over me her hair fell into my face more than my was. I didn't tell her this though. I enjoyed her long beautiful hair.

"They will be healed in a few hours." I say.

"Just because you found a way to heal then quicker doesn't mean it changes anything. They used to take weeks to heal." She wasn't arguing, I told myself. Just stating her thoughts. I shouldn't argue. "Go find the dog and fix him. " I hated the emotion in her voice when she said this. I tried so hard and I had done so well.

"I didn't mean-"

"I don't want to talk about it." She cut me off and pulled me out of my arts room. I kept my mouth shut not wanting to upset her more. Then she pushed me towards the livingroom as she went to fix the mess I had made in the kitchen. I ran my hands through my hair and huffed. This day just kept getting worse.