His expression darkened when he saw me. His cold eyes piercing through me. The look on his face said that he didn't want to talk to me. But I was not a coward. I will not let him scare me off. I squared my shoulders and kept walking to him. His eyes growing wide with shock. I stopped directly in front of him.

"Why weren't you in class?" I asked him, curious to know the answer.

"That's none of your business." was all he said.

"Seriously Mike, I was worried about you," I whispered as I sat down at the table.

"Nicole, what do you want?" he sounded irritated.

"We need to talk Mike please. I miss you."

"We don't need to talk about anything. You made your choice. Now please leave." he stated coldly. How could he be so cruel?

"Mike we have been best friends since we started here. Are you sure you want to end our friendship like this?" I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Nicole, I don't know how I can be friends with you. I love you. And you love someone else. I can't stand by and watch you be with him, or anyone else. I am sorry. But I need time." he said as he sweetly caressed my cheek, wiping away my tears.

"Mike please don't do this. I need you in my life." and my words were true. I couldn't picture my life without Mike in it.

"Nicole, you will be fine without me. I am truly sorry. Just give me time please." he rose from the table and kissed my forehead. "I love you Nikki." and with those words, he walked off. I [rayed that this was not the last time I will see him.

I must have been unknowingly wandering around campus. I didn't hear Tracy calling to me.

"Nicole. Girl you can't hear for shit," she said as she reached me. She saw the look on my face. "What is wrong Nikki?" she asked me.

"I just spoke with Mike. I think he is gone for good. What am I going to do without him Tracy? He is one of my closest friends." I could feel fresh tears roll down my cheeks. Tracy put her arm around my shoulders.

"You will be fine Nicole. You have a lovely man, and a possible baby growing inside you. You have a lot of other things to worry about right now. Mike just needs some time. Now you are going to be late to the airport. You want me to drive you back to Dean's house?"

"No that's ok. I can drive. I will call you when we land." I hugged Tracy and made my way to my car.

Maybe she is right. Mike will come around. Hopefully. My mother still won't talk to me, and now Mike. But at least I still have Dean. I drove to his house. This was going to be a long flight.

We finally landed at LAX. I called Tracy and my dad and let them know I was there. I was so tired. We had about a 30 minute drive to Dean's parents' house. I was kind of relieved that they were not going to be there. I need some time to think.

"Baby you need some rest," Dean said as we pulled into his parents' driveway.

They had a cozy home ranch style home near Huntington Beach. There were flowers everywhere. His parent really took care of their lawn. It was so green.

"I will be ok. I just need to eat something." I said to him as helped me out of the car.

I really do need to eat. I haven't been able to keep anything down except for raw fruits and veggies. Anything cooked in grease, I can't handle. We have been experimenting the last few days to see what my stomach can handle.

"Well at least you have an appetite. My mother stocked the fridge before she left. Let's see what we can find. I will come back to get our bags."

Dean escorted me into the house. Two words can only describe the house Dean grew up in, Bohemian Chic. Warm earth tones filled the house. Wicker furniture and hardwood floors, with tapestries on the walls. It felt some warm and inviting.

There were pictures lining the hallway that lead from the kitchen to the living room. I stopped to admire a black and white picture of a little curly-haired little boy. He was holding a water hose and laughing. There was that smile that I loved so much.

I looked at the other pictures hanging on the wall. There was a picture of Dean's sister Kim on her wedding day. She looked like a princess. There was also a photo of the family, Dean, his sister, and both his parents all playing around on the beach. They looked so happy.

"Lucky for you my parents eat everything organic. Do you want some grapes?" Dean asked as I made my way into the kitchen.

"That sounds good. So this is where you grew up? It's so peaceful here."

"Yep this is it. I must give you a tour after you eat your food. I will make you a sandwich to go with your grapes. Do you want some juice too?"

"Yes please. You know I can fix my food Dean. You don't have to baby me. We don't even know if I am..."

"Oh no you are not fixing anything. I will fix it. And until we find out otherwise that you are not pregnant, I will treat you as if you are. I will not having you getting yourself worked up and putting your life as well as our baby's life in jeopardy either."

"Oh my God Dean, they are just fucking grapes. I will not be putting any strain on my body by lifting 3 ounces."

"Nicole you are killing me. Go have a seat before I spank you so hard that you WILL not be able to sit down," he gave me a stern look. I knew better than to argue when he gave me that look.

"Fine." I pouted.

Boy he is going to be the death of me if I am pregnant. I can't wait to find out if I am so that I can prepare myself for the tyrant that is my baby daddy.