Part six

The celebration the pack held after our induction was quite the sight to see. Drunken wolves dancing and grinding on one another, the stench of alcohol leaking from pores, and all while I sat down and stared off into the distance.

Every once in a while, a drunk wolf would come and try to ask me to dance, of course I turned them down. I had a mate. No, I may not be able to be with him as that is our code, but I would also not disrespect the moon goddess in such a way. Mates are precious, a gift from the goddess. I respect the goddess too much to reject him.

My mate, however, did not care. I saw as he was surrounded by female wolves, enjoying the attention he was getting. My wolf wanted to kill all the girls that surrounded him, but I would never let him see that I am affected. I am better than that. If he wishes to stick the figurative finger to the goddess, then he shall pay the price in the end.

The moon goddess is known to work in mysterious ways, sometimes even dangerously. Stories have been told for centuries of wolves who reject their mate, or are unfaithful, those wolves usually end up dead or living their life miserably.

I do not fear the council, nor do I fear wolves of an Alpha rank, but the moon goddess is the exception, along with the Power Pack, and my mother.

After a few more hours of blaring music and dancing wolves, I finally decided to walk back to the pack house.

I took a moment to enjoy the crisp, cold air that nipped at my skin. I heard the crunch of the leaves I stepped on as I made my way through the trees. The nighttime has always been my favorite. The moon was out to play among the stars, lighting the path for any wondering souls. Samuel used to tel me stories about the stars to occupy my young mind years ago, mainly when my panic would set in during training.

Its calming. The stars, the moonlight, the scent of earth.

I remember all the times my mother used to beat me. She was always drunk and sad. After she'd let her anger out on me, I'd go outside and pray to the moon goddess to take me away. I guess she listened, because I found myself at the warrior pack. A place where I could create a new family.

If it weren't for Alpha Samuel, I don't know where I'd be right now.

Actually, I would probably be dead.

A surge of energy hit me the morning after I woke. I knew what today was, and I was more than ecstatic to show off and prove myself.

I quickly did my morning routine and put on some clothes to go train. Today we would tryout for our positions in the pack. We would all have to fight in order to gain our titles in this new pack.

Since we are merging, Alpha Rush wanted to see how we fought, and if we were 'qualified' to be a fighter in this pack.

All of the warriors felt a pang of disrespect but decided to comply with his wishes. His fighters must have some skill since they are Ranking number one in the country.

All I knew was this would be brutal.

Our pack is known as the warrior pack, ruthless and vicious. We kill in an instant, no hesitation. Its who we are. And now the Alpha wants us to battle his fighters and keep the strongest. It was in my blood to be the best, to win every fight, and make a wolf submit to me.

After all, I was the Beta for a reason

*shorter chapter but next one will be long*