Friday Night Lights

Armani's POV
When Louis asked me to wear his jersey, I had a mini internal freak out. For the last month we've barely seen each other because I've been trying to hide my bruises from him so I definitely didn't expect him to ask me to wear his jersey. I was overly excited for the football game tonight mostly because I like the sport and the atmosphere that comes with it but also because I had friends on the team, all 4 of the boys had become pretty good friends of mine.
"Umm earth to Mani." Ivy snapped her fingers in my face and sighed at my lack of attention.
"My bad, I was thinking about the game tonight!"
"Okay, I'll accept that but only because I'm excited too, I've missed football season." For the rest of the class we talked about what the night would bring.
I was actually having a good day, my body recovered from all the beatings, my bruises had all faded and I wasn't in any pain and to add to that, my dad was out of town for the next two weeks. He had to go deal with my grandfather, apparently he's really sick but I'm relieved that I get to have a much needed break. I'm so glad that I don't have to keep avoiding Louis anymore, I missed him more than I thought I would this last month. The thought of wearing his jersey makes me giddy, I like him and wearing his jersey in front of the whole school makes me think that he likes me too.
"Hey beautiful" Louis voice startled me out of my thoughts making me jump.
"Ugh you scared me! Where did you even come from?"
"You probably wouldn't have been so scared if you weren't zoned out and staring into your locker" he laughed nudging his shoulder with mine making me smile as well.
"I was just thinking about how awesome tonight is gonna be!" He never once broke eye contact with me and the smile on his face was slowly but surely making my insides melt.
"It is definitely gonna be a great night" as he leaned against the locker next to mine, he put his hand on my hips and pulled me against him still maintaining eye contact which was making it hard for me to keep my breathing normal "I missed you." He let out a sigh and dropped his head into the crook of my neck.
"I missed you too, I'm sorry I haven't been around much." I brushed my hands through his hair before I even realized what I was doing. Louis took a deep breath before letting out another sigh and pulling me closer. "Don't you have to be in the locker room right now?"
"Maybeeee?" I stopped rubbing my hands through his hair and pushed him back a little.
"Go get where you need to be!"
"Fine" an adorable pout covered his face, "i just came to give you my jersey." He handed me his spare Jersey and placed a soft kiss on my forehead before telling me that he'll see me at the game and running off to the locker room.
I walked out to the parking lot finding Ivy leaning against her car messing around on her phone only looking up after she heard me approaching.
"Damn you took your sweet time getting here didn't ya."
"My bad babes, Louis was giving me his jersey and it just took a while." She eyed me suspiciously and it seemed like she was contemplating if she was going to comment.
"I know you like him but, is he worth liking?" Her question made me stop and think. He was definitely worth liking, he cares so much about me despite the fact that I don't really let him in, he always checks on me and he's so patien... "Okay I can tell by that ugly smile on your face that the answer is yes." I snapped out of my thoughts and saw the smirk on Ivy's face causing a blush to arise on mine.
"And what about you and Carter, huh? I see the way your face lights up as soon as he walks in the room."
"Oh no no no, this is not about me! Let's keep the focus on you and Mr. Doucheface shall we." I rolled my eyes at the insult but neither of us could wipe the smile off our faces as we got in the car and set out to grab something to eat.
........
After we finished eating we went back to Ivy's house to hang out and get ready for tonight's festivities. We were both excited which meant a lot of crazy dancing and loud singing, I'm sure Ivy's little brother was getting fed up with us lol. As it got closer to game time, we both took showers and re applied some light make up before drawing the black football lines on our cheeks.
I couldn't wait to see Louis in action! I heard he was amazing out on the field and I know him and the guys are going to dominate tonight. My phone buzzed causing me to jump on Ivy's bed to reach where it was plugged up and the name on my screen made my face light up.
Louis: hey baby girl, after the game you're coming back to my place with the rest of the group. I won't take no for an answer😉
Me: okayyy I'll be there😊 good luck tonight, see you soon!
Louis: thanks beautiful
Ivy plopped down next to me smacking my butt and asking if I was ready to go and I told her that after the game we're going over Louis's to chill with the guys, which she agreed to. We both got off the bed, taking one last glance in the mirror before heading out.
When we pulled up to the school, there was already a lot of people despite the fact that we were early. Our marching band was in full swing accompanied by our cheerleaders who were putting on the opening performance.
We walked up the bleachers finding a great spot in the middle that way we could see all the action on the field but also be submerged in the excitement and atmosphere of the crowd. It was almost 7 so the opening performance was coming to an end and the boys were getting ready to take the field.
The boys ran out causing loud applause and cheering to erupt throughout the stands and pretty soon the game was in full swing. Although we were winning it was a pretty intense game which makes it all the more exciting to watch and experience. I know the guys were expecting an easy win but I'm sure they'll feel more accomplished after beating the other team now. The first two halves, the score went back and forth, we'd land a touchdown but then so would they. Our defense seemed to be a little off balance in the beginning but after half time, we started dominating all around.
When the game ended, everyone on the bleachers were in a state of euphoria. The high was amazing, we were all excited and buzzing off of such a great game. The score ended up being 47-29 but the crowd stayed on its toes the whole time.
I couldn't wait to see Louis and Jace, especially Louis. I was really on cloud 9, football was one of my favorite sports and this game did not disappoint and I got to watch the guy I like play the sport that he is passionate about and go to his house after, literally such a great night!
My eyes found his jersey, number 2, and he was searching the crowd until his eyes landed on me and a big smile took over his features causing mine to widen. With the way everyone was acting, people would've thought we just won the playoffs but we were all just excited about the season opener and filled with school pride.
Louis waved for me to come to him and I immediately began in his direction, only now noticing that Ivy was already on the field making her way to Carter. I ran down the bleachers and made my way to the cheesing boy walking towards me. When we were an arms length away he engulfed me in a bear hug as I congratulated him on his win.
"You were amazing out there today, the best wide receiver I ever seen play on a high school team!"
"I'm glad you finally got to see me play." Neither of our smiles let up as we stood on the field conversing before he had to make his way back to the locker room, calling over his shoulder to wait for him in the parking lot.
When the boys finally made it out of the locker room, ivy and I were more than ready to go to Louis's house and so were they. Carter snatched up Ivy and they both happily got into his car setting off towards Louis's. Pretty soon everyone was gone but for some Louis made no move get in his car.
"Ummm, are we gonna leave. It's your house everyone is going to." We both chuckled as he watched the last car pull out the parking lot before walking over to me and pushing me against the car. His hand caressed my cheek as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine for a slow tantalizing kiss. He pulled away slowly, resting his forehead on mine ignoring the surprised look on my face.
"This might just be the only time we have alone tonight, do you have a curfew?"
"No my dads out of town for the next two weeks." A smirk filtered across his face as he pulled me closer, pressing a kiss on my neck.
"So I have you all to myself." His seductive tone caused a shy giggle to erupt from me to go along with the bright pink flush on my cheeks.

I Want Your VirginityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara