Start Searching

The boys and I arrive at school the following week. And it's time to start looking for our girls.

We each separate to go to our lockers. After that we just roamed the halls for a while observing the girls. When the warning bell rang most people scattered to their classes leaving the halls deserted. Of course there were still some students around but one caught my attention.

A girl, she was wearing tight fitted dark blue washed jeans and a plain black v-neck with Air Jordan 10's. She was thick but the good kind. Light skinned and had hair going down her back. And I'm praying with all my might that she is a wallflower so that she can be my target.

"Bringgg." the late bell went off and we casually stride to our classes.

......

My first class is English and I have it with Jason. When we walk in the teacher is in the middle of introducing herself and the expectations for the new school year.

"Mr. Rivera and Mr. Williams I suppose." she says.

"Yes ma'am." I reply

"And why are you late on the first day."

"We had a situation with our schedules."

"Alright well take your seats." We looked around the classroom and found some seats in the back. I took out my phone and started messing around on it.

After a while she started asking questions and calling on random people so I decided to at least find out what we were talking about. Looking to the person on the other side of me I saw that it was a girl and her hair fell covering the side of her that was towards me.

"Psssst." I whispered. "Pssst."

"What?"

"What are we talking about?" she rolled her eyes.

"Just basic rules of the school, so that we remember." and then she turned away allowing her hair to cover her side again ending all conversation.

"Thanks." I said anyway. I looked over at Jason nodding at him.

"Is that your girl?" he asked

"No but I have a clue of who I want."

"Who?"

"I'll show you her later bu...."

"Mr. Rivera can you answer the next question for me." I looked at the board and realized that the girl lied to me, we were not talking about rules but about writing skills and things like that.

"Ah." I cleared my throat "Can you please repeat the question?" she sighed but did as I asked.

...........

Sitting in science falling asleep I hear the late bell ring but I don't care enough to lift my head. The teacher starts talking and all that bad stuff when the door opens and closes causing him to pause in his speech.

"Why are you late?"

"I'm so sorry I just got confused with the hallways."

"Fine you're excused find a seat." Then he continues from where he left off.

A minute later the chair next to me gets pulled out making me lift my head. My eyes connect with the girl's from the hallway and I instantly bite my tongue and stop what I was about to say.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" she asked quietly.

"No it's all yours." I replied as she sat down.

"Thanks." I just nodded. I'd get my chance to talk to her later.