[31] Her Butler, On Edge

Start from the beginning

I did not have the time to berate Salvador for being the last one to haul the rest of the luggage into the trunk, nor did I have the patience to scold Rodric for throwing the twins into the carriage so carelessly minutes later.

The boat would leave in three hours and it was an hour trip to get to the docks from Ciel's mansion.

Meaning, I only had an hour to convince him to take a ship with me to America and pretend to the head of my parent's business for a month.

How difficult could it be?

-

"...and you shall not try and throw Erin off the boat. You may not under any circumstances try and send the passengers into chaos. Never accept strange pets from strangers. And you are both forbidden from sneaking into the kitchen after hours."

Practically dead in their seats, my servants sat entirely drained from the countless rules I had recited once we had all stepped foot into the carriage. In order, I had started with Yuki and made my way down to the twins in a fairly short amount of time, considering I had only explained the rules for the voyage.

I had yet to explain the guidelines for the reunion itself.

"Countess, we have arrived." Rodric's voice announced from his spot up front.

Surprised, I raised an eyebrow.

The trip from my manor to Ciel's was an hour long carriage ride. I never expected myself to speak for so long... it was no wonder everyone seemed so depleted.

"I... suppose you can all wait here then."

Glancing back at them in slight concern, I stepped out of the carriage, hand in Rodric's open palm as he led me to the Phantomhive Estate's front door. I smoothed out the front of my dress and took a deep breath, hoping to whatever God was out there everything would go well.

I would bring him by force if I had to.

"Why, Countess DelMare, what an expected delight."

Sebastian smiled warmly as Rodric and I stepped through the double doors, hand at his demon heart. The manor seemed spotless and strangely without chaos in sight. It didn't matter to me however because I was here for one person and one person only.

"I'm here for Baldroy, please have his luggage ready in five minutes." I told Sebastian, taking a seat and leisurely fanning myself with my personal fan. "We have a schedule to stick to."

Quick footsteps rushed to us and I was pleased to see that Mey-Rin, Finny, Tanaka and Baldroy

"I wish you the best trip, I do!" Mey-Rin sobbed, handkerchief in hand. Finny snatched it out of her hand to blow his nose and Baldroy chuckled, rubbing the back of neck, abashed.

"I'll be back in a month!" He assured as he patted his companion's backs.

Rodric and Sebastian exchanged a glance and I bit the inside of my cheek, waiting a bit impatiently for the plan to start unraveling. If all was going well, then in a few moments, Ciel should be coming down the stairs--

"Sebastian, explain to me where the bloody hell she believes she is taking Baldroy."

--now.

Ciel stood firmly at the foot of the stairs, both hands at the top of his usual cane, everlasting scowl and arched brow in place. I smirked widely and stood, stepping towards him with more than friendly intentions. Manipulation at its finest was in the works.

"Ciel, I'm so pleased so see you," I said gently, extending my hand to him. "You wouldn't believe the dilemma I've gotten myself into and I must say I couldn't think of a better person suited to help me!"

Unfazed, Ciel gently touched the back of my hand with his lips before letting go, jabbing his cane in Baldroy's direction.

"And you're to tell me that Baldroy is the one for the job."

I nodded with a smile.

"Aye, Mr. Sebastian said he's worked everything out." Baldroy said.

In turn, Sebastian bowed deeply to Ciel and waved his hand towards himself.

"You see, my young Master, Lady Adelina came to me in search of aid and Baldroy seemed like the man that would be of most benefit for her rescue. I only thought it was right for her to take him after all she did for us and the Queen herself." Sebastian explained, finger at his chin in professional façade. "I could have sworn you had mentioned that she deserved something for all her troubles."

Flustered, Ciel growled.

"That was never an invitation to start giving away my servants."

"Oh, but he didn't!" I pointed out, waving the invitation in the air. "It's only for a month, he'll be back before you even know it, I promise you under Her Majesty herself!"

After a few more moments, Finny began to cry softly again and Ciel gave a heavy sigh, fingers pinching at the bridge of his nose.

We watched in silent anticipation.

"It can't be helped," He said finally, shaking his head with an unidentifiable frown. "I cannot simply have my help go off who knows where."

My smile broke through my mask and I clenched my fists in relief.

"Sebastian, pack everyone's luggage."

Clasping my hands together, I snapped my fingers at Rodric.

"Assist in any way possible; the ship leaves port in an hour and a half."

There was a panicked scatter and everyone began to rush to locate their belongings. Satisfied, I walked up to Ciel and took his hand, placing the 6 tickets I had bought for him in his open palm.

"I'm glad you've decided to be the man for the job." I commented, content with his obviously state of confusion.

Pulling him in for a foreign act of affection, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held Ciel close, aware that my heart was beating rapidly at the odd gesture.

-

So in case anyone is confused, she was using Ciel's pride against him so he would agree to accompany her since in the 1800's, a woman running a business was kind of not that popular. I.E.: She needs Ciel to act in her place while she's there.

Her family is rather odd (They will be based off my own family so some of it will be satirized)

-

...My Countess orders, I obey; Anyone who dares interfere, will have Hell to pay...