[20] Her Butler, Ashamed

The morning after leaving Ciel's manor, I did not wake up to the usual, light quick rappings Rodric made at my bedroom door. Erin did not come in soon after to help me get dressed for the day. Yuki did not come in to fix my hair and makeup. Salvador did not meet me at my bedroom door and escort me to the gardens. Not even Eren showed up, who usually fetched the newspaper for me. I sat, extremely puzzled, in my blankets, hugging my arms as I watched the entrance to my bedroom carefully, hoping that maybe I had woken up a tad too early. After what seemed to be around half an hour, I gritted my teeth and threw the covers angrily to the ground, standing up from my bed and walking myself over to leave the room. My arms were crossed and I was trying not to shiver, but my vexation combined with my uneasiness forced me to do so. As I left the room, my curled hair fell messily around my face, and the ribbon I refused to take off that was gently tied around my neck began to loosen.

"When I find them, I'm going to kill them," I growled, not even bothering to put on some socks as I walked the halls of my rather cold Manor. It was winter after all. As I was about to start yelling for each of them, the strong smell of onion and garlic hit me almost as hard as a carriage could have, and I had to take a step back and try and come back to my senses. I had to admit, it smelled divine, but nothing was going to stop me from giving them all hell. I stomped all the way down to the cookery and slammed open the double doors, eyes on fire and teeth bared. Each servant jumped and turned to see me with wide eyes, and Rodric immediately turned to glare at them, spatula and sizzling pan and each of his gloved hands.

"You mean to tell me that none of you went to care for little Adelina?"

At the name, I hissed and threw the nearest item at him, which to my pleasure happened to be a rather large knife.

"Countess, you'll catch a cold without any socks!" Yuki exclaimed, rushing over to me. The twins darted their eyes back and forth from the kitchen utensils they were each holding before sprinting up to me, lifting me up in their arms as they began to whimper in what seemed to be sadness, and I was about to start to reprimand them being so rough in picking me up when they started to weep loudly into my ear.

"WE DEEPLY APOLOGIZE, LITTLE ADELINA!!" they both sobbed, and by instinct, I slammed my fists down on both their heads, kicking my feet in the air in what I would admit to being a tantrum.

"Put me down right now!" I demanded, and after a few more hits, they did, sniffling and whimpering.

"I'm not going to lie to you, mi pequeña Adelina1," Salvador calmly said, walking over to me with an apron and steaming pot, "We were all just trying to see what we could do to make this curry better than Señor Agni's."

I let my eyes scan the kitchen, and indeed, it seemed to be filled with spices and large pots, each full of what seemed to be curry. However, I did not let my scowl waver.

"Well, while you all were fooling around in the kitchen pretending to be England's next best chef, I was left alone in my bedroom," I told them all, crossing my arms with a slight pout. It wasn't like them at all to forget about me.

"And for that, they deeply apologize," Rodric said, bowing to me. Yuki raised her fist at the demon, but took a moment to pause before sighing in defeat, also curtseying to me, and the rest of them followed suit.

"We apologize, Countess. Trust that it will never happen again," they harmonized, and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Well someone dress me then." I snapped, and I was immediately whisked away by Eren with Erin right at his heels.

"We'll have you ready in a jiffy, little Adelina!" Erin said with a bright smile.

"Don't forget, Lord Phantomhive is coming over soon with Soma to help taste the curry!" Eren chirped, and I let out a small groan. The twins chuckled, and I was soon brought into my bedroom once more, immediately being stripped of my night-gown by Erin behind a bamboo curtain while Eren fixed my bed.