[30] Her Butler, Invited

Start from the beginning

He had an open leather pouch set on the table filled to the brim with pence. As he carefully began counting a few to place down on the table, I spoke.

"Salvador, what in heavens name are you doing?"

Flashing me a look of confusion, he paused his counting and scratched his mustache.

"We are supposed to gamble some money, no?"

I blinked and Erin groaned in frustration.

"I don't think so! I'm not quite sure how to play old maid but I'm rather certain it does not involve money!"

My temple began to softly pound and I slapped my hand of cards down, lip twitching in annoyance.

Could these three do anything right?

"Ah, before you leave, Countess," Salvador piped, raising a finger and standing up with me, "I was told to inform you that the tickets are accounted for and ready for use."

As quickly as it had came, my headache vanished and I turned to him with wide eyes, with almost immature amazement.

"Why didn't you inform me sooner?" I scolded lightly, rushing out of the room as swiftly as my large dress would allow me.

However, I had failed to explain the situation and was forced to hurry back into the parlor, peeking my head inside to quickly relay the message.

"We leave in two days, pack for a month and expect cool weather."

The sound of chairs hitting the floor and gasps of panic satisfied me enough to smile, turning on my heel to scurry back to my bedroom before I could get pestered about my decision.

After all, I had made it on my own without even consulting Yuki, whom still hadn't the slightest idea of what was going on. Now, it wasn't as easy to trick Rodric, but I'm sure he hadn't been paying close attention to me as per usual, what with all the curry madness and such.

I felt smug that I had managed such a feat.

With a small click of my bedroom door, I closed and locked myself inside, walking over to my dresser.

In the small drawer to my left, a small but sure string hung from the bottom and I bent down to tug at it, opening a small compartment that held a few personal and simple things. I rummaged through the small space until my fingers grazed against the smooth envelope I had come across weeks ago in the correspondence.

Gently, I tugged it out until finally I could see its familiar wax stamp which I had already pulled open multiple times.

It was a simple invitation, beautifully written with the time and date bolded at the bottom. I did not expect anything less from my Uncle Theodore.

My dearest Adelina,

It is with great pleasure that I, Theodore Pierre Gunther DelMare, invite you and whomever (and how many you choose so to bring) to our annual family reunion to celebrate the successes and triumphs our name has brought across the globe.

We expect you in America Chicago, Illinois by January 21st.

Best wishes,

Theodore Pierre Gunther DelMare

Clenching the sides of the envelope, I bit my bottom lip.

A week long trip with Thalassophobia1 across the ocean to meet family I hadn't met since my parents passing for a fortnight couldn't be terribly awful, could it?

- 

GUYSSSS IT'S HAPPENED. THIS IS MY ARC!

They are going to America for a family reunion! More details to come of course, but yes Ciel and everyone are coming with!

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A FLUFF WHILE I DO THE HAIKYUU BINGE WRITING AND PREWRITE FUTURE CHAPTERS FOR THIS ONE.

NEW OPENINGS AND OUTROS FOR THIS ARC TOO, KEEP THAT IN MINDDDD!!

Gah, I'm just so excited.... lots and lots of planning! Hope you guys liked!

1.) "Muy bien, Condesa, empezaremos."1 means Very good, Countess, let us begin in Spanish2.) "Thalassophobia" refers to the fear of the ocean

Adieu~

-  

...My Countess orders, I obey; Anyone who dares interfere, will have Hell to pay...