[18] Her Butler, Lecturing || 2

Start from the beginning

"We were wondering what was taking so long," Sebastian said with a smile. "since the sun is about to rise."

I sighed and nodded, walking away from the group in fatigue with my eyes closed as I held my dress up one hand.

"My boring speech is over, it's time for a late night snack," I announced, and I began to walk down the stairway to head into the kitchen when someone called my name, causing me to pause and look back up. Ciel and Soma were at the top of the staircase looking down at me, and Soma hurried to catch up while Ciel took his time, yawning.

"Wait," Soma panted, flushed,"I-I'm so embarrassed..."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Ciel raised an eyebrow and walked up to stand beside me, obviously uninterested.

"I'm seventeen, but I'm still a great fool next to Ciel and you." he said, his eyes closed as he spoke, "I was a spoiled child in the nest that my parents granted me... and never once tried to understand others."

Prince Soma ran a hand through his hair and continued.

"I knew Agni was troubled, but I didn't even try to talk to him about it..." he admitted, and Ciel rolled his eyes, but I shook my head, indicating to let him continue.

"But now, I want to know. I want to confront them and ask them why they left my side," he said, suddenly looking up at us and extending his hands, "So please! Please let me join you in--"

"I refuse," Ciel stated flatly, raising his hand to stop Soma from coming any closer. Flabbergasted, Soma stood paralyzed in his spot while I began to laugh, bending over and clutching my stomach at the audacity Ciel seemed to carry wherever he went. Both butlers came down to see what was so amusing, but the sight must have been rather confusing because they stood with eyebrows raised, a bit concerned.

"Honestly, I apologize. It's just that I cannot have such a child pestering me wherever I go," Ciel said, and turned away, motioning for me to follow. As I did, continuing to giggle, he spoke again. "That being said, my door is always open."

A few more steps later, two arms suddenly wrapped themselves around our necks and we jumped, exclaiming out in surprise.

"Gah!"

"You both are so amazing!" Soma cried out, nuzzling his cheek against ours as he continued to hug is tightly, and I began to flail, my skin beginning to flush.

"You should have kept your mouth shut!" I whined, finally escaping Soma's grip with a pant. As soon as we managed to maintain our personal space once more, Soma joined his hands together and bowed his head towards us, and Ciel smirked.

"I apologize for my earlier behavior when I snapped," he said, and glanced at me, abruptly falling to his knees and clasping onto my dress while he held back tears, causing me to jump in surprise, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING PLACED YOU IN DANGER!!"

Flinching, I nodded and patted his head awkwardly, before shaking him off while he continued to sniffle in sadness.

"Apology accepted, Prince Soma..." I said with a small smile.

"And..."

Soma rushed to hide behind Ciel and looked over his shoulder, glancing at Sebastian and Rodric in comical fright.

"...I apologize t-to you both as well..."

My smile widened, and I gave another laugh before waving once more to everyone, beginning to go and find some morsel to eat just as I had been doing before.

"We still a number of things to discuss, my Lady," Sebastian lightly reminded me, "If food is what you're craving, then please allow me to satisfy your yearnings by preparing a light meal for you."