Sakura Oogami

Okay, this one may be funny at first, but there'll be some seriousness as well.

=============================================

I searched through the giant bag and fished out a black silky belt...uh oh.

"Woah, seems you got the martial artist herself." Junko said. "Oh, Sakura?"

"I'm right here." A familiar voice answered.

I turned to my side to see Sakura standing by me. "Dah!"

"Hahahaha! He got Sakura!" Nekomaru laughed. "What a lucky man!"

"Or should that be unlucky?" Akane asked. "I mean, how are they gonna fit in the closet together?"

"Don't be fooled by her appearance." Aoi said. "I trust Sakura enough to know that she won't hurt him."

"Alright, enough yapping, in you both go." Junko shoved me into the closet.

Sakura followed me inside, fortunately, the closet was big enough for her to stand inside and the door was closed. A part of me was regretting the decision to have played the game, but it wasn't necessarily bad, Sakura is a good friend to me despite her appearance.

"Whereabouts are you, exactly?" I asked.

She then turned me to face her, I could already tell that I had to look up, cause she was taller than me by a long way. I was intimated since I was looking up, but she smiled at me.

"You don't need to worry about my advances, Kevin." Sakura said. "You're pretty much safe in here."

"Oh I see, does that mean you have someone else already?" I asked.

"I do...no one besides Hina and Makoto know about this and I trust them both very well."

"Right, so who is the lucky guy?"

She sighed. "He's someone I haven't seen for a long time. He's currently in hospital and I've often visited there whenever I have time for it. This Summer, I plan to visit him once a week."

"Is he ill or something?"

She hummed. "I won't share the details, but you're close enough. He's someone that I love and is also my rival. I swore that one day when he recovers, I will fight him and become the supreme martial artist. Until that day, I train with what I know and what I learn."

That's some commitment she's got, it kinda fills me with inspiration in a way.

"Wow, I sometimes wonder if I have any confidence to go that far."

"Well if you're asking for advice, let me tell you that you can be as inspirational and confident as you want to be." She folded her arms. "After all, the only one you can truly please is yourself."

That sounded a little deep for me, but I can tell that there was a lot of truth in what she said.

"In that case, I may not know what I wanna do when I leave the academy." I spoke. "But what I do understand is that whatever I do, I'll always have friends who can watch my back. So thank you, Sakura."

She smiled. "You're very much welcome, Kevin. Now then, here's a little attention from me." She put her hands on my shoulders, I was already surprised by how big her hands were.

In a way I felt safe around her, Aoi is a really lucky person to have her as a best friend. Her guy is lucky as well to have a strong and determined girl like Sakura is. The minutes passed by and the door was opened, time was up and Junko was looking at us, confused.

"Uhhh, did anything happen in there?" Junko asked.

"Nope, we just had a personal chat." I answered. "And I feel more inspired to do anything."

"Geez, all that hope...that's so boring! Anyways, out you come, let's get two others to go in and make it better."

We walked out of the closet with Sakura rejoining with Aoi and I took a step out of the classroom with a new found level of confidence and happiness. Talks like that really makes you think about life, huh?

=================================================

She may not be my favorite, but I still do my best to keep her and everyone else in character, like I do with all of my other stories.