~40~

It was exactly seven in the evening when Jeonghan gained his consciousness. His eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the bright light that filled his vision in the process. He can hear murmurs from two different voices but it wasn't loud enough for him to grasp the words. Just when he was about to sit up, a loud voice echoed inside the small room.

"Jeonghan! You're awake!" The said male gasped as Seungcheol quickly wrapped him in his arms.

"Why am I here?" Jeonghan puzzled. Recalling a few hours ago, he was sure he was inside Jisoo's room. 

Jisoo.

Oh, right. How can he forget? 

It all came back. The words and the emotion his friend suddenly blurted out. It pained him. If the purpose of the sudden outburst was to make him feel bad and guilty, it definitely worked. Because Jeonghan felt like shit right now.

Wonwoo's right. He doesn't have the right to care for Jisoo, his best friend who saw him more than a friend, because he was the cause of his heartbreak.

"You fainted," The doctor answered and explained further. "You were out for about three hours. Your friend here told me that you were clutching your head while crying and a few minutes later, you blacked out. Good thing that another friend of yours called immediately. I'm glad you're awake because I need to ask you some questions regarding of your condition."

Jeonghan nodded for he was unsure of what to say.

"Did something trigger you that made your head ache badly?" He thought hard of that 'something' that might've been the reason why. They were waiting for Jeonghan's answer when he gasped.

"T-There is!" He stuttered and began to explain. "There's this voice that has been bugging me for days now. I remember the voice appearing in my dream once a few years ago, until it continued to haunt me during that time. It stopped and I was so relieved. But now, I think it came back. . ." Jeonghan trailed off. 

"Okay. Can you define this voice more?"

"Uhm. . . it's repeating the same words every single time." The doctor wrote down some notes and looked up again. 

"Are there any more memories that you have encountered recently?" Jeonghan thought about it once more until Seungcheol spoke up. "He said something before he passed out a while ago."

Eight years ago. . .ㅡ

Jeonghan gasp as the familiar pain came back. He held his head and gripped his hair.  "Jeonghan, calm down. Don't pressure yourself to remember. Breathe. Just breathe," The doctor stated as Seungcheol rubbed his back. 

He took a deep breath once.

And took another one which makes it twice. After some time, the pain started to subside.

The doctor sighed before giving Jeonghan a small smile. "It's fine if you can't remember it now. Just don't pressure yourself so your head won't ache. It takes time." The two thanked him before he went outside.

Seungcheol's phone vibrated. He took it to see a message from Wonwoo.

"Who are you talking to?" Jeonghan asked curiously. 

"Wonwoo," The older replied while typing something on his phone. "He said that he's sorry for yelling a while ago."

"Tell him it's fine. I deserved it." After messaging Wonwoo, Seungcheol turned his phone off and sat down on the stool next to Jeonghan's bed. 

"What are you planning nowㅡ"

"I want to know everything. That voice is starting to get on my nerves because it sounded so familiar yet so unfamiliar! I want to know what happened eight years ago. I want to know. . ."

"To know what?"

"I want to know everything that occurred before I got this amnesia!"

...

Note: I already gave a hint about Jeonghan's amnesia on ~6~. It's Jisoo's message hehehe. You can go back and find that message he sent in their groupchat and comment it here. And don't hate Jeonghan. Yes, he had hurt Jisoo but he didn't know he did. There's more to the story. #SorryNotSorry  #TheMysteryIsReal