chapter twelve

"Tom!" Teresa screamed as she practically threw herself on him.

     "Woah hello to you too." Thomas laughed as he wrapped his arms around his best friend.

     "You look hot! Like seriously hot! You even did your own hair!" Teresa was grinning as she pulled herself off him. "Newt's gonna die."

     "Stop it." Thomas could feel himself blushing. "You look gorgeous yourself T."

     Teresa smiled, spinning around in her dark blue prom dress. She did look gorgeous. Her black hair was curled, falling on her shoulders. He didn't know much about makeup, but he knew she had some on.

     Thomas tried hard to look decent, he put gel in his hair, sprayed some stupid cologne on himself and bought a nice tux. He felt kinda awkward, but excited at the same time.

     "Minho's coming over with Ben and Newt soon."

     "Did Gally end up asking Sonya?"

     Teresa nodded. "Yeah! He actually did! She said yes too. Aris is coming in a few, he's bringing Brenda's date."

     "I'm the first one here?"

     Teresa nodded as she sat down on the couch. "This is all so weird."

     "What is?" Thomas asked as he sat next to her.

     "Just everything. We're all almost adults, we're graduating soon, This is our senior prom."

     He reached over and squeezed her hand. "Yeah, but then we get to start a whole new chapter."

     "Yeah you're right." She looked up at him. "Promise me you won't forget me?"

     "Are you serious T? I'm gonna FaceTime you every night."

     Teresa's smiled, squeezing his hand again before letting go. "Yeah okay, I'd like that."
The doorbell rang then, making Teresa smirk. "I bet that's your boy."

     Thomas felt his stomach twist. He was off the couch before he could even think about it. He opened the door, immediately being met with Minho's face.

     Minho wolf whistled. "Goddamn Thomas! Newt's gonna pitch a tent."

      Thomas ducked his head. "Stop."

     Minho clasped his hands together, pulling up the blonde boy behind him. "You remember Ben right?"

     Thomas nodded, smiling slightly. "Hey Ben."

     Minho pushed his way into the house, pulling Ben in behind him by his hand. "I'm gonna introduce him to Teresa, you can drool over Newt while we're gone."

     Thomas' eyes finally fell on Newt. He was at the bottom of the porch steps, fidgeting in his wheelchair. His hair was combed back out of his eyes for once and he had on a black tux. He looked breathtaking.

     Thomas grinned and made his way down the porch. "Well hello there sexy."

     Newt smiled back. "Bloody hell Tommy, look at you."

     "Who did your hair?" Thomas asked, sitting on the bottom step to get eye level with him.

     "Min did, he promised it looked good. Is it stupid?" Newt asked, crewing on his bottom lip.

     "Fuck no. It's hot as hell."

     "Speaking of hot as hell..." Newt trailed off as he stared at Thomas, licking his lips.