chapter ten

"Hey what's blondie doin in here?" Gally asked, making Thomas' head shoot up.

     "Blondie as in my blondie?"

     "Yes your blondie idiot." Gally rolled his eyes and pointed toward the entrance of the cafeteria.

     Thomas turned around to look, seeing Newt roll his wheelchair into the cafeteria with his backpack on his lap. Thomas watched him wheel to their table and smiled when he stopped by them.

     "Can I sit here?"

     Thomas nodded so fast Teresa snorted out a laugh and told him not to break his neck. Thomas scooted his chair over so Newt could pull his wheelchair in next to him. "How come you came to the cafeteria?"

     Newt lowered his voice as he dropped his backpack on the floor next to him. "Wanted to see you."

     "I coulda came to the library."

     Newt shook his head, smiling softly up at him. "That's sweet, but I'm not gonna take you away from your friends."

     "So Newt, how's Tom?" Teresa leaned over the table, resting her head on her hands. "You guys are beyond adorable. How's the love life goin? Tell me everything."

     Thomas flicked her forehead making her scowl. "No harassing my boyfriend."

     "I'm not harassing him! I'm just curious!"

     Newt laughed and lightly tugged on Thomas' arm. "Be nice to her."

     Teresa grinned and reached her fist over to Newt which he met in a fist bump. "You better hold onto him Tom, I might steal him."

     "You gonna sit with us everyday now Newt?" Brenda asked as she watched them carefully, like she was analyzing them.

    Newt shrugged, glancing at Thomas. "Maybe."

     "You know you're more than welcome to," Teresa piped up. "We like you more than Tom."
Thomas rolled his eyes before looking fondly at Newt. "I like him more than me too."

     "This is so gay, if Thomas starts puking rainbows I'm leaving," Gally said as he threw a wrapper in Thomas' direction.

     "Ignore Gally, he secretly loves me," Thomas said to Newt as he batted the wrapper away.

     "Newt!" Teresa suddenly shouted, her face lighting up. "Wanna come prom shopping with me and Tom tomorrow?"

     "Seriously?! Why does he get to go and I don't?" Aris frowned as Teresa just shook her head.

     "Because it's supposed to be a surprise idiot and two gays are better than one. Plus they don't lose the ability to think at the sight of boobs."

     Newt laughed at that and looked at Thomas. "Are you okay with that?"

     "That was a stupid question."

     "Alright I'll come then."

     "You're coming with us to prom right? You know we get that super cool limo, it fits like twenty people." Teresa was grinning but Thomas kinda wanted to punch her, he hadn't asked Newt yet.

     Newt chewed on his lip, looking down at the table. "Does it uh have a place to put my chair?"

     "We can make sure it does."

     Thomas put his hand on the back of Newt's neck, rubbing his thumb across the skin. "You have to come, it's apart of the contract you signed."