chapter eight

T: Today is the dayyyyyyy

     I: that it is tommy

     T: I actually get to see you today. You're gonna watch me win WICKED. I bet you're gorgeous. I bet you have soft addicting lips. You're so sweet. I bet your voice is hot

     I: settle down tommy. don't get disappointed

     T: No matter what you look like, I could never be disappointed

     I: you're killing me with all these compliments today

     T: I'm excited...I even wore that shirt for you

     I: stop. you did not.

     T: Guess you'll have to wait and see

     I: hey tommy?

     T: Yeah?

     I: is it okay if we meet up after, like after the awards?

     T: Yeah of course. Any reason?

     I: I don't do good with crowds. i don't wanna push though everyone

     T: We can meet by the coat room after people start leaving if you want?

     I: yeah okay that sounds good

     T: I'll SEE you there ashdsjdnwjd

     I: i'll see you tommy <3

     Thomas almost screamed at the little heart he left after his name. It was cute. He was practically bursting out of his skin with excitement.

     He put on the black shirt and a pair of pants that were on the nicer side. He combed his hair and spiked it, deciding against wearing a beanie. He smiled in the mirror and sent a picture of his reflection to mystery boy saying, "serious question. does this look okay?"

     The response was immediate. nice hair...you look better than okay tommy...you look like a winner ;)

     Thomas grinned and brushed his teeth quickly before leaving to pick up Teresa. The fair was held in the cafeteria. The school used all the tables for the projects and the small stage for the awards. Once he had Teresa, they swung through the Tim Hortons drive through, picking up two coffees for the long day ahead of them. WICKED was at their neighboring high school this year due to their massive cafeteria. When they parked and got out of the car, Teresa held her free hand out to him.

     "It's showtime Tom."

     Thomas grinned and squeezed her hand, interlocking their fingers tightly. He could feel how nervous she was by the slight shaking of her palm against his.

     "Hey T, look at me okay?"

     She did, her wide blue eyes meeting his own.

     "We're gonna be fine. We got this okay? We make the best fucking team."

     She gave him a half smile and shifted her weight on her feet, squeezing his hand tighter before letting go. "You're right. We got this."

     Thomas smirked as they started walking. "Were gonna look so good with that first place trophy, I bet Aris is gonna try and propose."

     She laughed and lightly pushed him. "You're an idiot. What about your boy? I bet he'll drop to his knees too but for an entirely different purpose than a proposal."