chapter five

"Hi Minho," Thomas said awkwardly as he sat down next to the buff boy. They hadn't really spoken since Minho crushed Thomas' heart last year by trying to swallow Ben on the WICKED stage. It was just as weird as he anticipated it.

    "Hey Thomas." Minho greeted him. Then he motioned to the people sitting around him. "This is Siggy, call him Fry or he'll flip. That's Winston and the ugly one is Nick."

    "I know you like dicks, but that doesn't mean you have to be one." Nick rolled his eyes and held up his middle finger in Minho's direction.

    Minho rolled his eyes, but his and Nick's small matching smiles revealed they weren't actually mad. "Alright morons, mind your business, I gotta talk to Thomas."

    "Uh thanks for meeting me," Thomas stammered out, mentally cursing himself. Why couldn't he just talk like a normal human being?

    "So what did you want to ask me?"

    Thomas took a deep breath and folded his arms on the table. "I've been talking to this boy. He said he's had a crush on me for awhile. He's sweet and nice and interesting, I think I could possibly date him. The only problem is, he won't tell me who he is. He goes to this school and he's definitely gay and single. I've been trying to figure it out for over a month and a half now and I'm completely stuck."

    Minho scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "Uh that's great Thomas, but why are you telling me this?"

    "Because he told me you were his first kiss and you guys dated a while back. I thought maybe you could tell me who it is."

    Minho looked even more confused. "I was his first kiss?"

    Thomas nodded. "He said it was awkward and he missed a-"

    Minho cut him off by laughing loudly. He covered his mouth to stifle his laughter but his eyes were crinkled to the point where they were almost closed. He smacked the table and dropped his head down onto it, his back shaking up and down with laughter.

    "Uh are you okay?" Thomas asked as he eyed the track caption suspiciously.

    Minho raised his head, wiping his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Wow, yeah sorry. I know exactly who it is."

    Thomas' face lit up and he sat up straighter. "You do?"

    "Oh yeah, I'm positive. Just took me off guard."

    "Who is it?"

    Minho scratched the back of his neck, pulling his lips into a line. "I'm sorry Thomas, I really can't tell you. I know why he's scared to let you know...it just really wouldn't be fair to him if I told you. This is his situation, not mine."

    Thomas let his shoulders sag and he frowned. He was so close. "I hate that what you said makes so much sense."

    Minho smiled sympathetically. "I can tell you that he's a great guy and when he does tell you, you better give him a chance."

    Thomas narrowed his eyes, looking at the track captain carefully. "That kinda sounded like a threat."

    Minho shrugged. "I look out for him."

    Thomas sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "Well thanks anyways."

    "I'm sorry I couldn't help you more."

    Thomas gave him a half smile and went to stand up. "Can you at least tell me if he's cute?"

    Minho snorted out a laugh but nodded. "Yeah, he's cute alright. Kinda sexy in a weird way."