chapter two

"Tom, what are you doing?" Teresa looked at him in complete disbelief when he started packing up his lunch and grabbing his backpack.

"I'm sitting with Alby."

"Are you kidding me?!" Teresa gave Gally a look, silently saying "can you believe this boy?"

"I only have four months to figure out who he is so I can find him at WICKED."

"Hey does anyone remember when Tom said he wouldn't get distracted by a boy again?" Teresa sighed as Thomas gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'll meet you in the lab after school."

"He's actually ridiculous." Thomas heard Teresa say as he made his way over to Alby's table. For some reason, he wasn't nervous. His stomach felt settled, he was almost excited.

"Hey Alby, can I sit here?" Thomas asked as he approached the table.

Alby's eyes flicked up, making eye contact with Thomas. "Uh sure, you get in a fight with Teresa?"

Thomas shook his head and sat across from the boy, slightly smiling at Alby's friends, Clint and Jeff. "No we didn't fight."

Alby just looked straight up confused at this point. "Okay, then why did you move tables?"

Now Thomas just felt stupid, he could feel his cheeks heating up with embarrassment and his mouth felt dry. A plan. He forgot to think of a plan. "I uh...oh! I wanted to ask you about student council."

Alby actually smiled at that which made Thomas let out a silent breath of relief. "Sure! What about it?"

"I wanted to know if you're accepting new members?" Thomas tried his best to look excited but honestly he couldn't care less about Student Council.

"Yeah! Honestly none of this works if we don't have student participation...."
Thomas droned the rest of Alby's speech, he stared at his face instead. The more Alby talked, the more Thomas didn't want it to be him, as awful as that sounded. Alby didn't fit the pieces that Thomas had so far about the mystery boy. He was attractive sure and intelligent, but he wasn't shy and flirty like his mystery boy seemed. Alby was smart and logical and honestly kinda boring.
"...so the next meeting is Monday after school if you wanna come!"

Thomas blinked a few times, trying to collect his thoughts and come up with a logical response. "Uh yeah alright, thanks I'll think about it."

"I hope to see you there Thomas...you can bring your friends." Alby gave him a concluding smile. He honestly was a good leader, he was a perfect class council president.

"Yeah alright." Thomas nodded as he picked up his stuff. "Thanks, I'll see you around."

When he got back to the table he gave Teresa a very fake smile. "Wanna come to student council with me on Monday?

Teresa started laughing so hard she was practically snorting. "Hell no."

"Bitch."

***

Thomas was able to drag Teresa to student council meeting with the promise of taking her shopping that weekend.

It felt like pure torture, like Thomas was being put through hell for trying to investigate Alby. Teresa flicked papers at him the entire time, making Thomas swat them away and glare hard at her.

There actually was a decent turnout, Thomas was surprised. About twenty five people were there, including him, Alby and Teresa. Alby even had a cheesy podium he borrowed from the AP Government room.
Thomas really realized how attractive Alby was during the meeting. He was very built, his muscles tight under the thin shirt he was wearing. The meeting may have been the most boring thing he'd ever attended, but Alby was certainly not bad to look at.