“Guys, that better be you. HookFoot, Shorty! Anyone!” You pout.

No one answers but you hear something pops out of the bushes.

You turn around to laugh then immediately stare at the stranger in the middle of the road. He had a metal helmet that covered his face and dark clothing. Luckily, they didn't have weird swords like the dream you had. Two more pop out and just stand there.

“Not creepy at all.” You laugh nervously and take off running.

They begin to run after you and you try to stay ahead of them. “Everytime I'm in trouble, this mark doesn't work!” You try making something happen, but no luck.

You continue until you open the front door of Varian’s home and slam it closed, panting heavily.

Varian comes down with a bit of an angry face, but it immediately turns to one of concern, “(____)?”

“These…..strange guys are following me.” You pant, “Chased me…”

Mimi crawls down and Rudiger appears and the two run off somewhere.

Varian raises a brow and gently moves you behind him in a protective manner. He peeks out the door then closes it. “There's no one.”

“B-but-” Before you could finish, Varian places a finger on your lips to stop you. Your cheeks turn pink and blink at him.

He looks at you seriously, “I believe you. I've seen a few sneaking around the village a few days ago.”

You're taken by the hand and you follow Varian to Quirin’s room. “I think they're looking for this.” He holds up a bronze colored cryptex.

You take it and tilt your head, “A Cryptex? What's inside?”

“Graphtyc is what I call it.” He takes out a key and opens it, pulling out a small scroll. He unrolls it and you see ancient writing with a picture of the sun and it's drops falling, then next to it is the moon with drops that fall, but half of it was missing.

“I still have to translate it and so far it says the rocks are some kind of ancient darkness and it can only be stopped by its counterpart . The Sundrop.”

You narrow your eyes in confusion because this scroll sounded like bogus. “Are you sure that's what it says?”

“Positive.” Varian smiles. “I bet the King is keeping the flower-”

Glass shatters from the window and one of those guys rolls in.

Varian quickly locks the scroll in the Graphtyc and slips the key in his pocket. He wraps his arms around you to push you toward the door, but two more appear and corner you two.

Varian glares and pulls out two vials and throws it down. A bright flash blinds the guys and Varian pulls you pass them. “We have to show the Princess!”

Right when the both of you run out the door and get a bit away from the house, someone snatched Varian away. “LET GO OF ME!” Varian kicks around.

“Give us the Cryptex!”

The voice sounded familiar, but you couldn't place it since it was muffled by the mask. “Varian!” You run at them, but your held back by more strangers.

“No!” Varian says and gets held down.

You're getting dragged away, “Leave him alone!” You kick back to hit a guy on the shin then yank away, kicking the other guy in between. He falls over in pain.

“Var-” Someone grabs your arm and twists it behind your back. “OW!” You whimper from the pain.

“(_____)!!!” Varian growls and somehow throws the guy back a few feet, but another punches his stomach. Varian falls over, groaning and holds his stomach.