Chapter 69

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 69 -
Varian's Quest For Rapunzel
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Bouquet of flowers are placed in vases and you take one, smelling it softly. You smile tenderly and turn to Rapunzel, “Flowers are done.”

Rapunzel grins, “Great! Maybe place silverware on the tables now.” She tosses a roll of purple streamers at her dad.

You giggle as it unravels around him and they both laugh. You close your eyes in content.

“(____)!!” Varian screams.

Once you open your eyes, you see the scenery had changed drastically. You gasp and put your hands to your mouth. Everything was infested with the black rocks like it was it's own field.

“You don't belong here.” Rapunzel says a bit disgusted.

You turn around to see her stalking toward you with a glare. You back up and go to run, but slam into someone.

“Why do you even stick around? Clearly you're something else.” Eugene glares down at you.

You run around him and duck when you see Cassandra’s reflection swing a sword at you. The sword hits the rock.

“Fitzherbert is right, you should just go away for good.” Cass frowns.

You panic once you see the three of them surround you.

“It's your fault this is happening.” Rapunzel sneers, “You put us all in danger, especially Varian.” She waves her hand behind her. “Stop running away from your destiny, (____) or all you hold close to your heart will be in danger.”

They melt into a shadow and it grows until you see Zhan Tiri screaming.

You yell and run through a maze of cluttered black rocks. You feel a hand grab ahold of you and you struggle in fear.

The hand immediately turns to a metal claw and your now facing a round glowing red window.

Your eyes widen, “V-Varian?”

Varian screams angrily and a look of betrayal in his eyes, “You said you'd always be there for me. YOU PROMISED you'd HELP ME!”

You feel yourself being crushed, “V-Varian! STOP!”

He moves closer and glares coldly, “You just made me relive the pain again.”

You sat up and coughed, trying to breath. Your mark was glowing brightly then dimmed back to normal.

Mimi squeaks and goes up to you in worry after dropping her cheese.

“Varian…... I need to go to him.” You tell her and quickly get up to change. You slip on your satchel and run out, not greeting anyone who passed you in the halls.

Mimi tries to catch up to you and finally does when Nigel comes out of nowhere. “Lady (____). Where are you going?”

You scoff and walk past him, “None of your business, Nigel.”

While you went down the roads, you kept getting a feeling someone was watching you and Mimi knew it too. She sniffs around and in the corners of your eyes you can see someone sneaking around behind the trees or bushes.

Mimi quietly squeaks once a figure runs to another place.

You huff silently, “Who ever they are, they're not good at sneaking around.” You slightly panic when you see another figure on the other side then you thought it was your ruffian friends.