Chapter 26

(Warning: Singing Ahead, Long Chapter)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 26 -
Before Ever After
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Six months. A lot can happen between long periods of time.

Rapunzel spent time with her mother and father, plus Eugene since he was her boyfriend. Cassandra was still trying to get onto the royal guards, but Oliver/Captain kept saying to finish her Lady-In-Waiting Duties first. The one event that would be going is Rapunzel’s Coronation to officially become Princess of Corona.

One week Cassandra tried to show Rapunzel how to dress especially with shoes, but no luck and decided to try again later.

For you, it's been slightly rough. Apparently, you couldn't go out of the kingdom AGAIN since everytime you crossed the bridge, a guards stop you.

During the first month that happened, you noticed someone had caught a raccoon. The one that always bugged Varian. Of course, you saved him and he purred, staying close to you for awhile.

That gave you an opportunity to have the raccoon take letters to Varian. He was smart and just so friendly and adorable.

Varian never knew how your letters got into his lab, they were just sitting there on the table and when he wrote his letters, it would be gone without a trace.

This went on until two months and you wondered why Varian stopped writing, plus the raccoon didn't come back either. You were worried this whole time, so you always talked it out with Xavier.

Sure there's Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Queen Arianna, but you wanted someone who wouldn't react too much about this.

You're sitting crossed legged out on the balcony of your room, the breeze gently blowing through your hair. Eugene and Rapunzel were out playing cat and mouse with a few Royal Guards, including Captain.

The scenery looked very amazing from here, though it couldn't compare to when you and Varian were on Solaris. You sigh lightly, then look down at the town and you felt like you've done this before, but possibly from a different perspective?

Anyhow, today was the Welcoming Ceremony then tomorrow was the Coronation. To be honest, you hated welcoming other royals or dukes, whatever you want to call them. Because some of them are kind of…..ill-mannered. Though there were nice ones too from all over the world.

You barely spot Eugene and Rapunzel coming from the tree covered road, so you took a breath and stood up. "This is her life after happily ever after." Gently, you closed the balcony doors and began to get ready. "And it's all just as sweet as the stories say."

The brush runs through your hair, huffing as your hair sticks up wildly, "She feels wild, free, as light as can be. She's ready to explore." You finally have your hair decent and walk out of your room, "With nothing at all standing in her way."

Freidborg was in the King and Queen's room, helping Arianna get ready as you pass quietly, "True, there are certain customs she has to follow. Several small obligations she can't avoid."

You turn a corner to see Lady Crowley having a deeper scold face after pointing to Rapunzel's mud tracks. "A few rules, too - well, more than a few. Commitments by the score." Rapunzel smiles sheepishly and waves in apology to Ms. Crowley as Cass pulls Rapunzel toward you.

Rapunzel grins happily once she sees you and you smile, following beside her. "Aside from all that though she's overjoyed."

You move next to Cassandra as maids surround Rapunzel, fixing her up as she walks. "And sure there are corsets and buckles and bows." Rapunzel sings, but grunts when the small maid tightens her corset. "Plus all those names to recall."