Chapter 8

(Warning): Singing Ahead

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 8 -
A Million Dreams
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

This time Varian had gotten into trouble and he can't go into his lab for awhile since his dad forbid it. At least a week and not forever. Varian was trying to rehydrate plants that were withered, unfortunately he tried it on someone's flower patch and it caught fire. Half of that man’s home had burned too.

That night, you lay there and hear Varian crying silently. It's like you can feel what he feels. Your chest was tight and a lump in your throat. It made you cry that Varian was hurting. You talked to Quirin and he was surprised that he was given a lecture by a young child. He said he'd talk to Varian tomorrow, so now…….Varian was hurting without Quirin knowing.

You got up, slipping on your shoes and go over to Varian. Your hand is on his shoulder and he looks up at you with tearful blue eyes, making it shine in the moonlight.

“Get your shoes on.”

Varian grew confused even if his sadness slightly over took him, but did what you said. You lead him outside and to a ladder, “Varian, you know, he's just being a dad. You know, how a parent should act. Especially a father. They're more overprotective...and go overboard on things.”

He speaks lowly with small cracked voice, “No kidding.”

You sigh and smile softly, placing a hand on his arm, “Just remember you won't go through all this alone and don't let anything stop you from what you love to do. Dreams don't come true in one day.”

Varian stares at you, not know what to say. You turn to the ladder and furrow your brow in confusion because for some reason, you wanted to sing.

"I close my eyes and I can see;" You sang while climbing up. "The world that's waiting up for me. That I call my own." You balance on the roof and help Varian keep steady. "Through the dark, through the door. Through where no one's been before; But it feels like home." The two of you sit down and you sigh, looking at village.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy." You wave at the dismissively, "They can say, they can say I've lost my mind. I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy." You smile softly at Varian and he chuckles at you, "We can live in a world that we design."

In different three different parts of the kingdom, three young teens all there in their bed or in one's case, a tree branch.

"'Cause every night I lie in bed. The brightest colors fill my head." As you sing, Varian sadly lays his head on his knees. "A million dreams are keeping me awake." You turn to him, frowning slightly. "I think of what the world could be. A vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all it's gonna take......" You sigh and begin to pull him down the ladder. Varian yelps and gets dragged as you run. "A million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

A ways from the village in the forest, you pant and stop. Varian looks around the very small area of tall grass. You walk to the middle as he follows and you toss a rock in your hand. "There's a house we can build. Every room inside is filled. With things from far away."

You throw the rock and little lights flicker before they start to float up. Varian stares in amazement then grins, picking up a rock and throwing it in a direction. More little lights fly up, flickering like stars. Fireflies. Some of them begin to go in a direction deeper into the forest.

"The special things I compile."

A teen lays there as she sighs, seeming having a hard time falling asleep. She looks at her high window and spots flickering lights. Her eyes widen as she sits up and it disappears. Quietly, she heads downstairs.

Another teen lays on a branch lazily, wore out from running around from people and he sighs. His eyes spot lights flickering by and now keeps his eyes on the stars above. He yelps when the fireflies brush past his face and he huffs, looking back up.

The last had snuck out, feeling quite frustrated and sat down at the empty docks. She growled a bit and splashed water around with a sword. She sighed heavily and leaned back. The flickering fireflies pass by as she smiled slightly.

"Each one there to make you smile, On a rainy day." You smiled at Varian as he tried to catch a firefly. Varian looked at you when you laugh at him and grins, waving. You laugh more as a firefly taps his nose before flying off.

Varian blinks then laughs, while singing, "They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy." He shakes his head when grass is thrown at him.

You laugh and run, "They can say, they can say we've lost our minds."

Varian smirks and gets handful of grass, running after you, "I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy."

You and Varian are throwing grass everywhere, "Runaway to a world that we design!"

The teen girl opens the big window, gazing up at the starry night with a grin, "Every night I lie in bed! The brightest colors fill my head! A million dreams are keeping me awake!"

She stands up from the docks, putting her sword away and smiles up at the sky, "I think of what the world could be!"

The teen male smiles slightly, seeming to wish on a star, "A vision of the one I see! A million dreams is all it's gonna take!"

You and Varian roll over each other, laughing and lay there with grass all over you, "A million dreams for the world we're gonna make!"

The teen male, smirks up at the stars through the trees, "However big;"

Her owl perches on her arm as she smiles softly, "However small;"

Her smile is soft as her eyes close in a wistful look from the window, "Let me be part of it all."

Varian sighs in content, "Share your dreams with me."

You look at Varian and gently poke his cheek, giggling. He chuckles and flicks your hand, "You may be right, you may be wrong, But say that you'll bring me along. To the world you see." You put a hand to cushion your head, "To the world I close my eyes to see." Varian does the same, "I close my eyes to see!"

The owl flies, giving signals so the teen sneaks back in through a small passageway, "Every night I lie in bed;"

The girl heads back in, closing the window, "The brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake;"

The teen male gets more comfortable, closing his eyes, "A million dreams, a million dreams;"

All your voices are in sync, "I think of what the world could be. A vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all it's gonna take! A million dreams for the world we're gonna make!"

The fireflies die down now with the crispy night air falling onto a peaceful silence and you all smile, no longer feeling troubled from the rough day. Varian takes your hand in his as you now gaze at the night sky.

"For the world we're gonna make."