Chapter 5

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 5 -
More Familiarity, No Answers
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Everything in the castle fascinated both you and Varian. It was his first time here too and you two almost walked off Quirin pulled you both in front of him. The high ceiling, sometimes fancy columns, and many expensive things like vases and paintings littered the hallways.

It was weird when you passed the throne room because you thought people spoke with the King in there, but it was empty. The Sun on the floor, just like in the courtyard. Actually, now that you think about it, the Sun was everywhere even when it doesn't look like it.

Another set of stairs and you're in front of regular double doors. The guard knocked as a faint voice spoke to come in. Quirin knelt down to you two, “Stay right here. Don't wander off.” With that, he went inside.

“Wow, I never thought I would be in the castle!” Varian said and went to a window to look out with an excited grin.

While Varian was distracted with that, you were very curious about what was going on in the room. Peeking through the keyhole as best as you can, you didn't see anyone in there, so quietly you slip in.

Varian sighs happily at the view even if it was just half of the town and more of the ocean. “Hey (____), do you think sailing would be fun? Oh! Maybe we can go on an adventure someday!” He turned around with a big smile, but it immediately turned to an ‘Are You Serious?’ look. “Again?” He hopped down from the window and began calling your name softly, walking down the halls.

This room was slightly medium sized and had high ceiling. Maps and plans on scrolls were here and there, but mainly a bigger map that hung on a presentation board. “Corona…” You said, reading the name of the kingdom then near it was a place called Old Corona along with more land that cuts off by a wall. On the table, it had a whole detailed replica of the kingdom, cutting off by a wall again.

“That's Varian's place.” You said, seeing a small model of the home near the wall. Before you could look more, you hear voices getting close and another door opened. Quickly, you slipped under the table, hoping that it'll conceal your form.

“Frederick, no one knows who she is, not one recognized her.”

“Well then, don't you think this (___) might be from overseas or somewhere over the wall?”

Their feet are right in front of you and you breathe calmly even though your heart is beating fast. You hear paper being unrolled and it gets very quiet as there are sounds of papers being flipped.

“She did these?” Frederick questioned, sounding uncertain.

“Yes and it seems she does this subconsciously. She does have a head injury and from what I gathered, she doesn't remember anything. It took awhile to remember her own name.”

“This can't be, Quirin. How can she know what went on when she most likely wasn't born during these events.”

You hear Quirin sigh, “I don't know. I was hoping you could do something or we won't be able to keep things hidden.”

“Let me see the girl.”

Their feet go to head out the door and you see them go out. You decide to go out the other door and end up in a hallway with paintings of queens, kings, princesses, and princes who use to rule this kingdom. In the very middle of a wall, a painting stood out more to you than any of the rest.

The baby. Thick yellow hair and big green eyes.

“I know you want to help Varian, so do I, but we've got to-”

Your head throbbed painfully and you cried silently. You wanted to just give up and run from all this confusion. These imaginary feelings that come with the hallucinations.

“Hey. Shhh…..your little friend is looking for you, Sweetie.” Arms wrap around you and you look up to the soft voice as you're picked up. She had long brown hair and green eyes. “Let's get you back to your friend.” She gently wiped your tears with her handkerchief. The motherly vibe she gave off, comforted you and you lay your head on her shoulder while she walked.

“Arianna!” Frederick called.

He strolled down the hall with Quirin and Varian behind him. You were in the arms of the Queen. She gently puts you down, smiling warmly, “Frederick. Hello Quirin! I believe the three of you were looking for this Little Lady here.”

The King examines you with confusion, “This is (____)? She is child, Quirin.” He sighs and smiles slightly, “I'll see what I can do.”

Queen Arianna was confused but kneels down to you, smiling kindly, “I have feeling you're a strong young lady.” She tenderly lifts your head up after you had look down, “Keep your head high, okay?” You nod, smiling shyly.

Soon, you're heading back out the castle doors and the sun is almost setting. “Don't move.” Varian says and you stop while Quirin silently questions what his son is doing. A thin rope is tied around your middle while the other end goes around Varian. He grins proudly, “Now you won't wander off without me.”

Quirin shakes his head and laughs slightly. You cross your arms and pout at Varian. He looks at you innocently and turns, points in front of him, “Home we go!”

You couldn't help, but laugh and follow close behind or the rope would yank you forward.

Once you're going to pass the fountain again, you got the sense that someone was staring at you. While you surveyed the area, you stopped and made Varian bump back into you. You both yelp, falling back onto the ground and get a few laughs from people walking by.

“Not the best idea, Varian.” You groan.

“I know, I know.”

A pair of suspicious eyes watch you aa Varian helps you up. They hum in questioning before going back to cooling off the hot metal, causing steam to rise and they began to hammer another piece of metal.