C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

Selena pov:

Dawson funeral was over,I didn't cry. All my tears were wearn out. I had no tears left to cry . Ethan was with me though the whole thing and he still is.

Me and Ethan are on our way to the franklins house to talk about the will, they wanted to host it at their house. Although I got the rights to everything in Dawson name, I didn't wanna rub it in their faces. Even though Dawson would've thought to be funny to.

I was about to get off until Ethan stopped me.
"Hey no matter what happens , Dawson has always loved you. So if nothing goes to you just know his heart did"Ethan said trying to comfort me. I looked at the time, it was still another hour until the lawyer comes or the person that reads the person will.
I sighed. Now or never.

"Drive to this place, I'll give you the directions " I said dismissing what he said.
"Wha-"
"Just do It" i said cutting him off.

He drove to the place , no questions asked.
We got to my place. I got out of the car and layed on the ground. Ethan followed.

"Why did you wanna come here?" He asked
" I'm going t-to tell you about my life I guess you can say" I sighed
"Are you sure?" He asked concerned
" yea , it's now or never" I smiled at him.
He held my hand tightly as a way of comforting me.
"When I was young , real young . I had the best parents ever , happy life and happy family . Not until I was 5. Around 3 or 4 my mother wasbt herself , I didn't know why but she was just different. She started drinking a lot and would come home smelling like men's cologne . As you guessed she cheated on my dad repeatedly , my dad kept on trying to fix her , wait for her late at night just make sure she'd come home alright, even if he had worked from the after noon to the morning . He always wait until she come home , of course after putting me to bed. My dad was the best father you could've asked for , my hero. Not only that but the best man in general, I don't remember his voice as much , but I remember all the little things he'd do for me. Like read me bed time stories , stuff like that just to make me happy. Anyways one day my mother came home with a guy , drugged out of her mind. What my dad didn't know is that my mom wasn't just getting home because she was spending all night at the club but on the streets , because she was a prostitute , I don't know why or how she became that. Maybe she wanted her own money, or maybe she was just crazy stupid. So her "pimp" some how found out about her being married and wanted to kill him. So thats what he did along with my mother , I don't know why he did it but , somehow the cops came just in time and caught him. I'm guessing the neighbors heard all the shouting and called the police. The worst part though was actually watching everything happen slowly and then all at once. I didn't know what was going on at the time I was only 5 , but I remember seeing my fathers head blown out and my mothers neck bashed against the coffee table , as he roughly pushed her away . Sure him killing my mom was on accident but , killing my dad wasn't. " I said with a tear dripping down.
"Selena I'm so sorr-"
"Trust me this is just the beginning " I sighed and continued.
"Of course I didn't know what was going on at the time so I obviously didn't know that my mom was cheating on my dad or why that man killed my parents . I found out when I was 8 my foster parents at the time told me because they didn't see why I shouldn't know . When I found out I was broken , more then what i was already . So after my parents died they put me in adoption/ orphanage. Since I was 6 I went from place to place different family to the next. Some were nice , some could've been worst and some of them were worst. Then I got to the franklin family . They never payed attention to me the staff was my family along with Dawson . The butler was like my uncle, the maid was like my grandma and ect. But Dawson , Dawson was my bestfriend. We bonded so well, it's like we read each other minds. I started to catch on , on how my foster parents were only nice to me in public . I soon caught on to the fact that I was just a publicly stunt. To please the press , if they see the most richest people in New York be generous to a poor , Latina , with no hope on her own little girl; they love  them even more. The family business would trust him, bc I made them seem nurturing , giving and wonderful people . When really they weren't . They  started to be mean even hit me, but Dawson was always their to protect me or cheer me up. I guess you say he was my other hero." I said in tears cuddled in Ethan side . Saying it all out loud really made me realize of how much I've gone through.
"Selena , you're brave . You went through all of this stuff and came  out strong. I never admired or looked up to someone that was that strong. Sure you had a few cracks in your heart and soul but you never fully broke. Your not broken , jus hurt which says a lot because you've been through a lot. " he said holding me tightly and kissed my forehead.
"I love you so much "he smiled pulling his face to mine.
I smiled as he said that it's like my heart was covered in a safety bed, a comfortable bed . I felt so happy when he said that. He wiped my tears and I kissed him slowly, romantically and passionately.
"Wait , why did you end up having trust issues?" He asked after I pulled away.
"That's another story for another time, now come on let's go" I said pulling him to the car .