Black Rain- Chapter Eighteen

The full moon was shining so bright in the Seattle sky. Chris loved the way Eddie looked in the moonlight. The two sat at the banks of the river, listening to the calming sound of the water.

"I love you. With all my heart. With all my soul. I love you with everything in me." Eddie whispered to Chris before laying his head on Chris' shoulder.

Chris wrapped an arm around Eddie. Everything felt so perfect and into place when the two were together. Every time Eddie told Chris he loved him, his heart skipped a beat.

"I love you, too, Eddie. So much." Chris whispered back.

With a smile on his face, Eddie took Chris' hand in his. He sighed and rubbed his thumb over Chris'.

"You should really get back to Stone. You've been out here for a while now." Eddie said.

"I don't want to go back."

Eddie chuckled. "You have to, Chris. He'll get worried about you."

"Will you meet me again?" Chris asked.

"You know I will, Chris. I'm getting sleepy though, and it's time for you to get back, so I'll see you sometime tomorrow or something, alright?"

Chris gave in, and nodded his head. "Alright. Goodnight, Eddie."

"Goodnight." Eddie said. The two shared a deep kiss before parting their ways.

* * *

The week Eddie gave Chris was quickly passing by. The whole week, Chris had spent with Eddie, hardly giving any attention to Stone.

Stone could sense something was happening. Chris was never out that much. Especially for so many hours. He was hoping there was some sort of explanation other than the terrible thoughts crossing his mind that Chris was with someone else.

"What's going on?" Stone asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? What do you mean, Chris? You're barely home anymore. You're always gone, telling me you're going for a walk or some shit like that, and you're gone for hours. What's going on?"

Chris didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to explain to Stone that Eddie was back. Stone could see the guilt in his eyes.

"I-I... well..."

"You can't stutter when you're talking with your eyes." Stone said. It was something he quoted out of Chris' notebook.

Chris sighed. "I don't know how to say it, Stone."

"Just spit it out. I'd rather have the truth other than you keep lying to me."

Chris was lost for words. He knew he couldn't keep his secret anymore. Stone was onto him, and the week was almost over, and Chris would have to soon break the news.

"I... I'm seeing Eddie again." Chris mumbled.

Stone's eyes went wide. His heart instantly sank in his chest. His eyes began to swell with tears.

All his biggest fears had just got confirmed. Chris was seeing someone else. And out of all people, it was Eddie.

"With Eddie, huh? So he's back and you're fucking him again?"

"It's not like that." Chris stated.

Stone shook his head and stood up from his seat. He was shaking his head in disbelief as tears streamed down his cheeks. He kept repeating 'no' out loud to himself, because he just wanted it to be some sort of sick joke. He couldn't believe he was being cheated on by the man he loves.

"I'm so sorry, Stone." Chris whispered.

"Really, Chris? All these fucking years that we've been together, you were still thinking of him? You never stopped loving him? What about me, did you ever love me?"

"Stone, please, don't act this way." Chris sighed.

"I can't believe this. You haven't seen him for years and you're just all in love with him again?" Stone sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "We're engaged, Chris. We're suppose to get married, and you're going to leave me for him?"

"You don't understand."

"I understand everything, Chris. You still love him. I get it, yeah, I really do. But he left you, Chris. So many years ago he left you, and I bet not one day passed by that you didn't think of him, did it? All these years we've been together, you've still been thinking of him. Why... why would you do this to me?" Stone asked as his voice cracked. He wiped his tears and continued to shake his head.

"I never meant to hurt you, Stone. I tried to love and care about you, and I do, Stone. I do love you, and I very deeply care about you. But... I... I'm in love, Stone. I've been in love with him for years."

"You're still not forgetting the part where he left you."

"He was young, Stone. He was trying to look out for himself and find better things for himself."

Tears were rolling down Stone's cheeks by now. It hurt Chris to see him like that, but what else was he suppose to do? He knew  he was meant to be with Eddie. If he wasn't, then the love would've faded years ago.

"And you sat there, everyday, and told me you loved me. Told me I was the only one. It was all lies. How long has he been back in town? How long have you two been sneaking around my back?"

"I don't know." Chris sighed.

"Don't lie to me, Chris! Just tell me the truth! How long has he been back?! How long have you been fucking sneaking around behind my back?!" Stone screamed. Chris had never heard him scream like that before.

"I don't know, Stone! I guess-"

But before Chris could finish talking, Stone slapped him across the face.

"I'm leaving, Chris." Stone told him as he pulled the engagement ring off his finger. He threw it down on the floor, and Chris watched as it bounced off the floor.

Chris didn't bother to try to stop him. He just sat there, a little shocked that Stone had slapped him. But he knew he deserved it for all the pain he caused him. He was feeling a bit of guilt, but also a bit of freedom to know that Stone was leaving, and that Eddie was back into his life.

Stone rushed upstairs and began to pack his bags. He so desperately wanted Chris to stop him, but he never did. He never bothered to walk up those stairs. He only sat on the couch, waiting for Stone to leave.