Black Rain- Chapter Eleven

Chris knocked on the door, and stood patiently waiting for someone on the other side to open. It was Saturday, so he knew Eddie's brother was home. The car that the two had spray painted was gone, so Chris figured the parents were at work.

Finally, a boy opened the door. He didn't look a thing like Eddie, and you wouldn't even think they were brothers. Chris began to wonder if they were only half brothers, but he didn't want to ask him.

This boy had long brown hair, like Eddie, but his was straight, and he was a bit bonier than Eddie.

"Yeah?" He asked, looking at Chris. Chris cleared his throat.

"You're Mike? Eddie's brother?" Chris asked. Mike's went began to hold concern.

"Yeah, why? Is something wrong?"

"Well, uh, I figured maybe you'd want to see him, and I know where he is."

Mike bit his lip. "Is he okay? He isn't hurt or anything, is he?"

Chris shook his head. "No, nothing like that. I just thought, that, since he's your brother, you'd maybe want to see him."

"How did you know we were brothers?"

"My friend, Stone, told me. I've been hanging out with Eddie for a while now."

Mike slowly nodded his head, Chris could tell he was hesitant. Nonetheless, Mike stepped outside and shut the door behind him. He pulled out a key and began to lock the door.

"I can't stay out too long though. My parents will be home from work in about an hour or two. I hope this isn't some kind of sick joke where I run upon my brother and he's dead somewhere."

Chris chuckled. "No, it's nothing like that. He's down at the park waiting for me. Come on and I'll show you."

* * *

Chris could see Eddie's figure sitting on a bench, smoking on a cigarette, and waiting for him. He seen his head lift up, looking and the two of them in shock. He looked right past Chris, and stared as his brother who was walking toward him.

"Chris, h-how did you find Mike?" Eddie asked.

"I just thought you'd like to see him." Chris said, ignoring his question.

Eddie wasted no time wrapping his arms around his little brother and pulling him into a tight hug. Mike returned the hug, holding his brother just as tight.

"I haven't seen you in so long, Eddie. Where have you been?" Mike asked.

"Just around here. I've missed you so much, Mike."

Once they pulled away from the hug, Eddie began to laugh and wrap his arms around Chris.

"How did you know, huh?"

"Friends." Chris said. Eddie stood on his tippy toes and gave Chris a peck on the lips.

Chris was surprised that Mike didn't make some sort of smart remark. He only watched the two kiss as if it was normal, and he didn't say one thing about it. Other than teasing Eddie about Chris being his boyfriend. Eddie didn't deny, but he didn't say yes either.

Chris watched as Eddie said something quietly to Mike, but he couldn't hear what he said. In response, Mike frowned and shook his head. Chris assumed he asked something about his parents.

"Yeah, I figured." Eddie said quietly.

"You should come back home. At least for a while, and get a change of clothes. Mom and Dad won't be back for a while." Mike told him.

"Ahh, I don't know." Eddie shrugged.

"Come on, everything you have is still there. I wouldn't let them get rid of your stuff."

Eddie softly smiled. "Alright, I'll come in for a bit, just to get a change of clothes and maybe a few small things of my belongings. Chris, you're coming with us."

"I don't want to ruin your brotherly moment." Chris said. Eddie shook his head, and took Chris' hand in his.

* * *

"Wow, everything is still here." Eddie said as he stepped into his old bedroom. Him and Mike had separate rooms, so none of Mike's belongings were there.

"I told you." Mike said.

"Even my first ever record." Eddie chuckled as his fingertips traced over the record.

He opened up his closet to find all his clothes neatly in place, just like he had left them. He pulled out a fresh pair of shorts, and shirt, and a flannel. Mike and Chris turned their backs as he changed into them.

"I figured someone would've stole this by now." Eddie said as he opened his nightstand. He had saved up just a little over two-hundred dollars. He quickly stuffed it into his pocket.

"Chris, I want to show you something," Eddie said. "We'll be right back, Mike."

Eddie took Chris' hand in his as he led him out of the room and into the hallway. He opened up the attic and pulled down the latter. Eddie led the way into the attic. Chris couldn't see a thing, and he was grateful when Eddie flicked the dim light on.

"I want you to have this. Just something for you to look at, and think of me. It was the first and only guitar I got. But, I don't really have time to play now, and well it's useless for me now." Eddie said as he pulled out a guitar that sat in the corner of the attic.

"I think that's something you should keep." Chris said. Eddie shook his head.

"Please, Chris, take it." Eddie pleaded. Chris was hesitant, but he took the guitar in his hand.

"Well, thank you, Eddie." Chris said. Eddie smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"I know you like to play. I seen a few guitars in your room, so this can go with your collection."

Chris chuckled. "Yeah, I'll call it Vedder."

"Guys, Mom and Dad just pulled in!" Mike whisper yelled into the attic. Eddie's eyes went with fear, and so did Chris'.

"I thought they weren't suppose to be home for an hour?" Chris asked.

"Sometimes they leave work early. Always did just to spend time with me and Mike on the weekend. Come on, we need to leave out of the back door, quick." Eddie whispered.

The two were quick to fly out of the attic. Mike was standing at the bottom, waiting for them to come down.

"Don't worry about the door. I'll close it. Just get out here." Mike rushed. He began to close the attic.

"Where is the back door?" Chris asked. Eddie grabbed his hand and rushed him into the kitchen. He could hear the front door being unlocked.

"Fuck." Eddie cursed. The back door lock, for some odd reason, was always hard to unlock.

He pushed his body against the door before trying to unlock it. He was praying in his head over and over for the lock to come unlocked. And just when Eddie's parents stepped into the house, announcing they were home, Chris and Eddie bolted out of the back door.

They could hear footsteps running behind them. The parents thought maybe it was an intruder. Eddie led Chris down a trail that was behind the house, and before his parents could see them, they were out of sight.

"That was so close," Eddie breathed, "Way too close."

Chris nodded his head. "Definitely. Do you think Mike will tell them about us being there?"

Eddie shook his head. "Never. As long as they didn't see us, we're okay. And I don't think they did."

Chris gave Eddie a kiss on the forehead. "Come on, let's get back to my place for a while."

Eddie nodded his head. Eddie took Chris' hand, locking their fingers together, as they fought through the tree limps and bushes to get back to Chris' house.