Black Rain- Chapter Thirteen

It was as if Eddie had disappeared without a trace. He was nowhere to be found. He was gone now, and Chris had to accept it. Although, he felt like he never could. If he knew where Eddie had ran off to, he'd be after him in a heartbeat. But he didn't know, and he couldn't go all over the place searching for Eddie.

Chris didn't know how to feel. Angry? Hurt? Betrayed? He felt everything all at once. He felt like screaming. He was so angry with himself for allowing himself to get so close to a boy who never loved him, no matter how many times he said it. But Chris believed him, maybe because Chris had actually fell in love with him.

Memories began to flow through his mind as he painfully headed back toward his home. He'd never forget the first time he ever seen Eddie, the first time he spoke with him, everything they had done together. Those memories would always be stuck inside his head. No matter how much he wished Eddie back, he knew Eddie was gone for good now.

But why? Why did he have to run away from Seattle? I love him so much. He left me. Why did he have to leave me?

Chris' heart felt shattered into a million pieces in his chest. He froze in his spot when he seen a man standing on the street with his back turned. His hair almost looked like Eddie's, but when he finally turned around, Chris saw it wasn't him, and all his hopes were shattered that Eddie had stayed around.

"He's gone. He'll never come back." Chris whispered to himself. His head hung low, as he continued his way home. Rain began to blow in with the wind, but Chris didn't cover his head with his hood, he just let the rain soak him.

Chris heard footsteps running from behind him. His head quickly shot back, hoping it was Eddie running to him, but it was only a child running, trying to catch up with his mother, who was only a few feet away from him.

Later that night, Chris had got a phone call from Mike, who informed him he got his number from the phone book. He asked questions about Eddie, but Chris told him about what happened. The two discussed it over, trying to wonder just where Eddie would run off to.

Mike figured maybe he had went back to Illinois, where most of their family and childhood friends still lived. Mike ended up calling a few of them, but all of them told him the same, the hadn't laid eyes on Eddie for years.

It only made Chris worry more that Eddie had ran off to place where he knew no one, and no one knew him, and he would be all alone. Chris wondered if he was safe, if anyone had hurt him, and it broke his heart.

Mike tried to persuade Chris to call the police, and report Eddie as missing, but Chris couldn't bring himself to do it. Eddie wasn't missing. He was a runaway, and everyone knew about it, yet no one cared. Except Chris and Mike.

"I've looked all over the place for him. He's gone." Chris sighed.

"I don't know where he could be. We could only hope he comes back, and if he doesn't, then he doesn't." Mike said.

Chris ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, I guess you're right. We can only hope. But, uh, I guess I'm gonna get off here for now, and try to get some sleep."

"Alright. I'll talk to you some other time. If you hear from Eddie, please let me know. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Chris said before hanging up the phone.

* * *

It took a long time before Chris had finally fell to sleep. He found himself in a dream, right on the street where he had first seen Eddie. 

"Eddie... your... your back." Chris said in amazement. He had ran into Eddie on the street. There was no one else on the street, except the two of them. Eddie's brown hair was soaked from rain, and tears were swelled in his eyes.

"I missed you." Eddie whimpered. Chris grabbed Eddie and pulled him into his arms, embracing him in a tight hug both of them had been longing for.

"Where did you go? You were gone for so long." Chris whispered.

"I was lost," Eddie only said. "In a world without you... I was lost."

"Where are you going now?" Chris asked as Eddie began to pull away from the hug and step back from him.

"I have to go. I can't stay here." Eddie said. Chris was so confused. He had just got here, and he was leaving again already?

"Don't leave me again." Chris whispered. Eddie began to disappear slowly as darkness took over. Chris looked up, seeing that the sun was setting, but it was getting so dark so fast.

"Don't go." Chris begged. He began to run into the darkness after Eddie, but he couldn't see him. All he could see was darkness.

"Eddie!" Chris shouted. "Eddie! Come back!"

"I love you." He could hear Eddie's voice in the darkness. But he couldn't see him. He could only see darkness.

"Eddie!" Chris shouted. Anger filled his voice as tears began to stream down his cheeks. He was so frustrated.

"Come back here!" Chris screamed again. He turned around, only being surrounded in nothing but darkness. Everything was so dark.

That was when Chris woke up. He was surrounded by the darkness in his room. He quickly turned on the lamp by his nightstand and began to gasp for breath. Tears were running down his cheeks, as he had cried in his sleep.

Everything from the dream felt so real. Holding Eddie felt so real. The way he felt when he seen him felt so real. But it was all a dream, and Eddie left again. He left and left Chris alone in the dark.

Eddie was like the light in Chris' world, and without him it was like darkness, and that's what Chris realized the darkness in the dream was all about. He could hear Eddie saying I love you again, and he played it over and over in his head as he held tight onto his pillow, longing for Eddie's head to be lying there.