Black Rain- Chapter Four

"J-just go... go away." Eddie whispered. Chris had finally found him, sitting next to an abandoned building. He could see dry blood on Eddie's chin from his lip. His body was shaking from fear.

"Eddie... who did this to you?" Chris asked, slowly kneeling down in front of Eddie. Eddie, in embarrassment, turned his head, not wanting Chris to see his face.

"I said to go away. Leave me alone." Eddie snapped. But Chris didn't have any intention on leaving.

"What happened? Talk to me."

"What the hell does it look like happened?" Eddie snapped once again, finally turning his face to Chris. He had a busted lip, and a red mark across his cheek, which would soon become a bruise.

Eddie slowly lifted his shirt up, wincing a little from the pain. Chris noticed an ugly bruise on his ribs.

"Oh my. Eddie, I'm so sorry. Tell me, who done this to you?"

Eddie shook his head. "That doesn't matter. I just..."

"Just what?"

Eddie's eyes began to swell with tears, but he quickly wiped them away. Chris couldn't help but to feel sorry for him.

"Let me clean you up." Chris offered.

"I can take care of myself." Eddie said.

Chris shook his head. He held his thumb up to his mouth, getting the tip of it wet, and began to clean the blood off of Eddie's chin with this thumb.

"I can do it myself." Eddie said again. But Chris ignored him, and kept cleaning his chin, until all the blood was gone.

"Who did this to you, Eddie?"

"I need to shower." Eddie said, ignoring his question. He slowly began to pull himself off the ground. "I'll see you around."

Chris grabbed Eddie's arm before he could walk away. "I want to know who did this to you."

Eddie gave him a death glare. "None of your business. Why don't you just fuck off, Chris? Fuck off!"

"Why do you act like that, Eddie? Why're you so rude to me when I'm trying to show you that I care about you."

"You don't even know me, Chris. I'm just some random kid you seen on the street. You don't have to worry about me."

"Well, I do worry, Eddie. As soon as I heard you were hurt I came out looking for you."

"Who told you?" Eddie asked, showing a bit of interest in the conversation.

"Stone."

"Who's Stone?"

"He's my friend. You should really meet him one day, he's really nice and-"

"Yeah, yeah, save it. I need to go shower."

"Where are you going to go?" Chris asked.

"I have my ways." Eddie said, a sneaky grin on his face. Chris knotted his eyebrows.

"What do you do?"

"Well, I go to hotels, and I always tell the people I'm the child of someone's name who is listed on the paper. So they let me in. So, I search around until I find a vacant room, and I sneak in, shower, and leave."

Chris shook his head. "That's pretty clever, but not such a good idea, you know. I have a shower at my house, if you'd want to use it."

Eddie shook his head. "That's okay. I... I'm sorry for being rough toward you. Thanks for helping me clean up a little. Probably freak some people out if I walked around the streets with blood all over me."