"I cannot do this." Neji thought inwardly but felt his arms being restrained by his two crying teammates who kept sobbing and muttering out the words, "Oh Neji..."

Neji sighed inwardly as he watched the entire procession of Tenten and Itachi's engagement ceremony at the Uchihaa household. He was right for one, his heart did scatter into a million tiny pieces on that day.

When the procession was over, Gai and Lee went straight towards Tenten to congratulate her while Neji stalked off towards the banquet. He groaned when he met a familiar face.

"You are supposed to only eat when the procession is over Airin-San." Neji pointed out as he took his own share of food.

Airin had already stacked up a tower of food on her plate, it seemed that was not her first plate though.

"I can't help it. The little munchkin is hungry." Airin answered simply as she pointed to her tiny tummy. Airin was about 5 months pregnant~a miracle. It baffled the Doctors as well who confirmed that she was unable to conceive due to the trauma that happened to her uterus the other time. She ate like a cow, but hardly gained any weight. Her tummy was also barely showing but her hunger and mood swings were one that was not supposed to be taken lightly.

"Oh!" Airin yelled suddenly to which earned her a shocked yelp from Neji when she abruptly pulled his free hand and placed it on her tummy. "Feel that?"

Neji blushed, he had never had any actual physical contact with women unless it was necessary, but here it was, a pretty ANBU captain had place his hand on her tummy. His eyes widened when he felt tiny movements in Airin's tummy. It felt like little kicks from inside her tummy, Neji was mesmerised, he had never felt anything like that before.

"She likes you." Airin mused as she saw the look on Neji's face before he slowly retracted his hand away.

"You can hear the fetus' thoughts too?" Neji asked incredulously, "They can't talk."  He finished simply.

Airin chuckled softly before she spoke, "Excitement. Gurgling excitement. I can hear it too Neji. Gosh. I wonder how Tenten and Itachi's children will look like in the future? You think they would have the sharingan? Brown or black eyes?"

"I find it mildly amusing that your concern towards other non-existence fetus' appearance over exceeds your own. You do not wonder how your baby would look like? Or can you already see that?" Neji sounded annoyed.

Airin gave him a knowing look, "You know what? Just between the two of us.." Airin whispered softly, "..I think the future baby of Tenten would look better if he had pale lavender eyes. Don't you think so?"

Neji blushed before he replied, "Get out of my mind."

Airin winked before she walked off leaving the Hyuuga prodigy alone at the banquet hall.

—————————————————

"So.. How does being engaged feel like?" Sakura asked Tenten cheerily.

Right after Tenten revealed that she was a woman, she was placed in the same room as Sakura. Sakura's former roommate Myra was kicked out of the academy when they found out that she had been sneaking out academy properties and sold them in the black market at dirt cheap price. Her timely departure could not be more opportune. Sakura and Tenten became good friends straight after, it bothered Sakura slightly when she found out that Teiji was a girl because of what had happened before, but she decided to put that in the past.

"I am engaged Sakura. Not married for goodness sake." Tenten groaned loudly from her desk.

Sakura giggled as she recalled her embarrassing moment with Tenten who she thought was Teiji at that time. She liked Teiji, he was caring, showed more concern than the rest of his mates-but of course, understood her well, it was because he was not actually male.