Chapter 7

The wives approached me and my nerves stood up. They looked profound. I needed to feign I was confident. But I couldn't... Oh Jesus

" hi " greeted the one who's name is Beth. She was gorgeous.

" greetings to u too. " I greeted her warmly.. Again my heart was beating on my ears. The adrenaline was damn high.

" I heard u fell from the sky .. Poor thing you must have landed on your face. Look at how bogus u are. Even that make up can't stay up. " the one who's Mary insulted me ... I felt boxed

" no actually I crawled out from hell then scratched my knee while trying to bless your pathetic being of a fluid non binary waste with dual acting holy hydraulic imp... Now if you heifers would excuse me I have some useful people with brains that I can talk to " I said then felt my heart getting filled with confidence.

But honestly if they just came and congratulated me .. This retaliation wouldn't have occurred. After that trash talk I walked over to Mark who was with Lord Hardy and I forgot to lose confidence.

" I hear u responsible for my honeymoon. " I said then saw him widen his eyes in disbelief of my tone

" you not going " he said then my heart became marsh

" reason yourself " Lord Hardy demanded with a clenched fist

" u have to attend a rendezvous with the doge and u have several this week " Mark assured him. I bet if Mark was to be murdered tomorrow Lord Hardy would throw a huge feast. Lord Hardy fumed and left me with Mark ... Damn it !

" stay away from Tom " Mark ordered ... I was so confused cause I was now his wife. The ballroom started getting packed with people who were joyful. Lord Hardy disappeared when we were supposed to have our first dance and I wasn't about to dance alone like a crazy idiot ...

At least some of these heifers enjoyed the awkward moment namely Mary , Beth and Helen. They laughed their lungs out at my humiliation. So there I was sitting & watching happy people dance and give zany speeches. Well the day had to end but it ended with me and my 2nd husband (loneliness)

Mark ended the party and ordered servants to clean up while I clapped myself in my chamber. I felt really lonely I even started hallucinating Miss Athena. I felt like I've abandoned her... Then my monologue was interrupted by a door knock. I approached it and swung it open to see Lord Hardy.

"  pray you Ma'am a word " lord Hardy asked kindly if he would talk to me. And duhh I said yes even though I was very much disappointed at him for leaving me. I then invited him in my chamber.

" enjoyed your day ? " I asked knowing very well that he wasn't suppose to enjoy it .... Cause he left me.

" your mother has passed. " he said without an expression. Those word made no sense for that moment..

" pardon ?" I rose an eyebrow

" I hereby order u to step no foot thither .. Either thou or I , or both , will be killed since the murderer is not within the rumour's lips. " Lord Hardy warned. So this meant I couldn't bury her ? ...

" Who will bury her ? " I asked with tears racing down my face.

" you need not to be worried about such. Pound it out of your kindness to dine with us." He said then walked towards the door.

" no. I'm fine. " I said. My body started to heat up , I felt dizzy and I wanted to vomit

" I wasn't asking. " he stated then disappeared to the dinning hall. This was all drastically horrendous.

From wedding to loneliness to brutal sadness ... Its like eating a guava that immediately rots when you smell it then turns into a ball of worms when you put of in your mouth 😢 ...

Damn now I have to dine with those wives

☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑☑

Miss Athena is dead ... Who's the murder ❓