Perfectly Imperfect

"Can you believe it?" I lay back on my bed. "This is going to be our first time!"

Wilbur chews on his lettuce and ignores me.

"I don't know what to do!"

Wilbur chews.

"What to wear!"

Wilbur chews.

"What to say!"

Wilbur chews.

"What to think!"

I'm convinced turtles can roll their eyes, because Wilbur did. Despite how tedious, he held his lettuce, turned around, and continued to chew and ignore me.

Wren storms into my room and hurls a pillow at me so hard my eyes almost popped out.

"SHUT UP, WENDY! It's summer and I'm trying to sleep in!"

"Well, I'm sorry but I'm having a dilemma!" I throw the pillow back at her but it's misses by a long shot.

"You can complain about anything as long as it's not Vincent. That's all you talk about. I'll even let you jab me in the gut a hundred times if you don't talk about him at all for one day, ONE DAY!"

I'm not stupid to agree to that. With Wren's abs, I wouldn't be hurting her but myself.

"Alright, fine. I do freak out a lot, but this time is different. It's serious!"

"What is then?" Wren sighs.

I'm not yet comfortable talking to Vivian, Evelyn, or Olivia about Vincent. As for Ally, she is much too bold and so her advice to me is too daring. Wilbur listens for the first few time but then he started to ignore me and by the time I finish, I realized he had crawled five feet away in desperation. I was however proud he beat his old record of walking six inches.

So, I wasted no time in telling Wren. "Today is going to be our first date!" I wait for a reaction, but nothing.

"Didn't you guys already go on one?"

"That one was a misunderstanding. You see, Vivian was Vincent's date and Carson was mind. Which is totally weird because Carson is practically a sibling to me! No offense, Wren, but he punches me less."

"None taken. But, I didn't mean that time you wore a dress. I mean like the thousands of times you guys were together after school."

"But we weren't dating."

"You practically were," Wren shrugs.

"But those weren't dates nessessarily," I protest.

"Whatever you say."

"Do you have any dresses?"

"Do I look like I have dresses?"

"True..." I get up to rummage through my closest. Nothing but jeans, sweaters, jackets, and hoodies.

"Wendy?" Vincent calls from downstairs and I hear his footsteps make its way up the stairs.