Soup

The Monday after I angry texted Vincent, I still went to tutor him. I thought it would be really awkward, and I was right. Vincent apologized for forcing me to hang out with him while I was on my period...I wasn't on my period. I guess he thought I was PMS-ing, but I didn't want to cause anymore confusion, so I just let it slide.

That day, Vivian told me all about homecoming, how they slow danced to a song together. She said it was the most romantic thing ever. Since then, I haven't had any hammers when I'm around Vincent, for Vivian's sake.

The two months that followed were bizarre beyond explanation. Vincent and his friends sit with us all the time at lunch. They invite us to parties, movies, bowling, and a bunch of other activities. I could only guess its because Vincent was starting to have feelings for Vivian.

As for Carson, its the same case. He's gone totally heads over heels for Vivian. Whenever we went somewhere, he always wanted to pay for Vivian, talk to her, and laugh at anything she says, even if they aren't jokes. I always thought Carson had a very cool demeanor, with bad-boy vibes. However, it had completely changed since he's been crushing on Vivian. He now reminds me of dudes in older films and cartoons, the ones that throw their jacket over a puddle for their love to walk over. In the state that Carson's in, he would probably just lay down over the puddle. Vivian would probably  walk over him without noticing and then start running towards Vincent. She's blinded by Vincent, she doesn't even notice Carson, or the other girls who are pissed that she's ungrateful for his attention to her.

The twins probably tag along for fun. They seem the most normal compared to Vincent and Carson, mellow and friendly.

Vincent started practice for track, but he still wants me to tutor him. I told him I would walk to his house once once he's done with practice, but he insisted I wait and watch him practice. I would refuse, but he bribed me with food. I sit on the bleachers outside, do my homework while eating, and then fall asleep until Vincent wakes me up. Sometimes, I tutor him for fives minutes, ten tops. Vincent either tells me he forgot his homework or that he forgot he didn't have any. He figured since I was already with him, that we should hang out, and he drags me with him to run errands. I got curious one day, and rummaged in his bag. during his practice. His homework was already done perfectly beforehand, and he get every question right on his math tests. If I asked him about it, I risked pissing him off for invading his privacy. The last time I saw Vincent pissed was when I first met him, and I didn't want to relive it.

"Earth to Wendy!" Evelyn has her face right in front of mine.

"Huh?" I blink and realize everyone's looking at me.

"Are you coming?" Olivia leans forward on the table, excitement in her eyes.

"Where?" I yawned. I'm used to tuning out my three friends, but with the addition of four more boys, it gets harder to fall asleep during lunch. This was the one day I got close to actually napping.

"To the mountains! Weren't you paying attention?" Olivia sighs,.

"Why?"

"Since we're not doing anything for fall break, we should go hang out together."

"We're gonna stay six nights. We have to go back a day before school starts again," Evelyn explains.

"Sorry, guys. I'm broke. No way I can afford to stay at a hotel for even one night."

"Don't worry, Carson says he has it covered. His aunt owns the hotel."

Carson sits up at the mention of his name, and glances at Vivian for her reaction. She's too busy eyeing Vincent's muscles through his shirt to notice.